Why can't we get our playmakers the ball??

jamesdojr

Reaction score
I don't get it. Jason Garrett and the entire offensive coaching staff is just flat out of excuses anymore. How is it that all of our players are, quote on quote, playmakers by NFL standards, yet none of them are ever put in a position to make plays.

It seems like every other pass play is to Crayton or a running back. Roy Williams, T.O., Witten, and none of them consistently get the ball. It will be a riddle I will never figure out in my life.

I thought with T.O. they were doubling him. Then I thought teams started doubling Witten. So now teams are doubling Witten and T.O. So that would leave Roy Williams open all day, right? Nope. Apperently teams are doubling Witten, T.O. and Roy Williams every play. Just rediculous.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
We can't even stay onsides. Doing something as advanced as getting the ball to your best players is way too advanced for a team with a 2nd grade mentality.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Hostile;2392986 said:
Five reasons why.

LT, LG, C, RG, and RT.

So much for Houck taking this line to the next level now we know why BP showed him the door.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Hostile;2392986 said:
Five reasons why.

LT, LG, C, RG, and RT.

Exactly.....The OL has been patetic...even before Tony went down.

jjktkk

Reaction score
jamesdojr;2392982 said:
I don't get it. Jason Garrett and the entire offensive coaching staff is just flat out of excuses anymore. How is it that all of our players are, quote on quote, playmakers by NFL standards, yet none of them are ever put in a position to make plays.

It seems like every other pass play is to Crayton or a running back. Roy Williams, T.O., Witten, and none of them consistently get the ball. It will be a riddle I will never figure out in my life.

I thought with T.O. they were doubling him. Then I thought teams started doubling Witten. So now teams are doubling Witten and T.O. So that would leave Roy Williams open all day, right? Nope. Apperently teams are doubling Witten, T.O. and Roy Williams every play. Just rediculous.
HMMMM, anyone heard of a QB, right now the cowboys need 1

J-DOG

Reaction score
I think Babe Laufenberg put it best in the radio broadcast for tonights game.
"People really take Tony Romo for granted."
I think we can all see what happens when we have a qb that has no mobility or no pocket presence.
The only way we could have won this game against the Giants was to start Bollinger from the very start and hopefully we wouldn't have committed so many turnovers. I got the distinct impression that by the time Brad Johnson was readly to throw the ball it was 4.5 to 5 seconds from the snap. That's much longer than an average qb and I consider that time to slow to win an NFL football game...much less against the best pass rushing team in the NFL.
The offense created the time of possession difference and we saw how that affected our defense later in the game.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Hostile;2392986 said:
Five reasons why.

LT, LG, C, RG, and RT.

ding ding!!!

sirens wailing!!

lights flashing!!

oh...and brad johnson

ethiostar

Reaction score
Whatever happened to that big bad beast like OL we used to have?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
jjktkk;2393126 said:
HMMMM, anyone heard of a QB, right now the cowboys need 1

I wonder about that.......the fricking Patriots are playing a high school QB for god's sake.

I think that this coaching staff refuses to make the players accountable. The OLine should have stepped up and taken it to the next level when Romo got hurt. But instead it's one excuse after another, and no accountablility.

With the number of "Pro Bowl" players on this team, we should be able to plug in a Brad Johnson for a couple of games and expect better than this crap.

The Chiefs took TB to OT with Tyler fricking Thigpen!

mrla

A Passion for the Star
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2393172 said:
I wonder about that.......the fricking Patriots are playing a high school QB for god's sake.

I think that this coaching staff refuses to make the players accountable. The OLine should have stepped up and taken it to the next level when Romo got hurt. But instead it's one excuse after another, and no accountablility.

With the number of "Pro Bowl" players on this team, we should be able to plug in a Brad Johnson for a couple of games and expect better than this crap.

The Chiefs took TB to OT with Tyler fricking Thigpen!

We will have exactly 1 pro bowler this year.....D. Ware!