News: Why Cowboys' D believes it will be just fine without Claiborne, Church

CCBoy

Reaction score
Why Cowboys' D believes it will be just fine without Claiborne, Church

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...d-believes-just-fine-without-claiborne-church

"It's the meat of the season when you get those injuries," Cowboys cornerback Brandon Carr said. "But those teams that make those runs in the playoffs and always in contention always have those guys in the background ready. They've been grooming them and they get acclimated to the system and they go out there and they never miss a beat, so that's what we hope for this week is to get these guys ready to go out there and play fast."

The Cowboys believe they have the depth in the secondary to not suffer much of a setback without Claiborne and Church.

The Cowboys will replace Claiborne with Orlando Scandrick, who has more than 50 career starts and has been the club's top cornerback the last few seasons. Scandrick will start Sunday at Cleveland at left cornerback in the base defense.

In the nickel package, Scandrick will move inside and rookie Anthony Brown will be on the outside at cornerback.

Brown, the sixth-round pick out of Purdue, started three games in place of the injured Scandrick.

"We have a lot of confidence in him," Cowboys defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli said. "When he went out and played, he played well."

For depth, the Cowboys will likely promote practice squad cornerback Leon McFadden to the active roster. The Browns made McFadden a third-round pick in 2013...

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I feel pretty good about the combination of Wilcox and Heath. I've been very hard on Heath in the past but, he has good athleticism and a nose for the ball. Wilcox will make some plays and hopefully miss a few less. It's time to see if Scandrick is healthy and can be that player from 2014.

followthestar

Reaction score
Anthony Brown seems like a guy with good instincts and ball skills, and apparently has the speed to play the outside. Our secondary was a big concern the past few seasons, but right now I'm feeling pretty good about where we are. We should still draft another CB next year say R4...

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They've been grooming them and they get acclimated to the system and they go out there and they never miss a beat,
Well , I hope so, this is my main worry today and going forward , was the loss of mo and church.

links18

Reaction score
If we will be just fine without them, then cut them and get rid of their salaries.