Why Dak needs to go

Mannix

Reaction score
My reasoning is this....what is Daks' record playing 3 - 4 straight .500+ winning % teams in a row in any part of any season or stretch that he has been a Cowboy? I am too lazy to look it up, but lets assume there aren't many 3-0 or 4-0 runs...maybe none. Lets add something to that shall we....assuming that most playoff teams are between 9-8 and 13-4...or .529 and .764, what is his record in 3-4 straight games against teams with that winning % in any part of any season or stretch that he has been a Cowboy? Hell, when is the last time he beat TWO teams in a row with a record between .529 and .764??? The reason I bring that up, is because that is what it'll take to win a Super Bowl....furthermore, the record is probably gonna show that if he did do it, it would be the first time ever as a Cowboy....and who thinks that is gonna happen??? I did the math, and the odds are roughly 4 trillion to 1 that he can EVER do it. BTW...people never mention the fact that a 4 or 5 year extension takes him into year 13 or 14 as a pro....he already runs like he has nails in his shoes, and lacks great arm strength....so we are gonna count on a 10+ year veteran to improve on what he couldn't do in the first NINE years??? Pffffttttt.....can't we just move the hell on from this joker!!!!!!

Last edited: 11 minutes ago

Chasing6

Reaction score
My reasoning is this....what is Daks' record playing 3 - 4 straight .500+ winning % teams in a row in any part of any season or stretch that he has been a Cowboy? I am too lazy to look it up, but lets assume there aren't many 3-0 or 4-0 runs...maybe none. Lets add something to that shall we....assuming that most playoff teams are between 9-8 and 13-4...or .529 and .764, what is his record in 3-4 straight games against teams with that winning % in any part of any season or stretch that he has been a Cowboy? Hell, when is the last time he beat TWO teams in a row with a record between .529 and .764??? The reason I bring that up, is because that is what it'll take to win a Super Bowl....furthermore, the record is probably gonna show that if he did do it, it would be the first time ever as a Cowboy....and who thinks that is gonna happen??? I did the math, and the odds are roughly 4 trillion to 1 that he can EVER do it. BTW...people never mention the fact that a 4 or 5 year extension takes him into year 13 or 14 as a pro....he already runs like he has nails in his shoes, and lacks great arm strength....so we are gonna count on a 10+ year veteran to improve on what he couldn't do in the first NINE years??? Pffffttttt.....can't we just move the hell on from this joker!!!!!!

Dak is going nowhere.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Don't worry, our lame duck coach who is one loss away from being fired next year will hold him to the coals.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
Don't worry, our lame duck coach who is one loss away from being fired next year will hold him to the coals.
Does anyone think we won't resign Dak?

Honestly.. who thinks this will happen? I'm also happy if we moved on from Dak.. but I see a zero chance of him being moved anywhere.

I see a 5 year deal.. I don't care about the money.. because (as someone said. I forget who).. if you think he is rubbish, you wouldn't want him for zero dollars.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL, he’s getting extended buddy
Book it
I mean anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't been paying attention to the past 28 years. It happened with Romo and its happening here. Dak isn't leaving here until he has to be carried off like Romo. I HOPED the rebuilt this team but I wasn't naive enough to think they actually would.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Would you want to spend $200M the next 4 or 5 years on him, when Cooper Rush and Trey Lance can get similar results for a whole lot less.
I understand your thought process, but that is not Jerry's thought process.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Well.... in 2016 he went 4-2 against .500+ teams. Won 2 in a row, lost to the Giants, and then won 2 in a row again. Not quite 4 in a row but still leaves you thinking it's possible he can win 4 in a row.

In 2018... he won 3 in a row against .500+ teams. Eagles, Saints, Eagles. Before losing to the Colts broke the streak.

In 2022.... he won 3 out of 4 against .500+ teams. Lions, Vikings, then lost to the Jaguars (a close one), and then beat the Eagles.

in 2023.... it was sporadic. He didn't beat 4 .500+ teams in a row, but the Rams, Seahawks, Eagles, and Lions were all better than the Packers and he did... beat them.

So I guess..... he had a few almost 3 or 4 in a row, but not quite. But doesn't quite make me think it's never possible.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Well.... in 2016 he went 4-2 against .500+ teams. Won 2 in a row, lost to the Giants, and then won 2 in a row again. Not quite 4 in a row but still leaves you thinking it's possible he can win 4 in a row.

In 2018... he won 3 in a row against .500+ teams. Eagles, Saints, Eagles. Before losing to the Colts broke the streak.

In 2022.... he won 3 out of 4 against .500+ teams. Lions, Vikings, then lost to the Jaguars (a close one), and then beat the Eagles.

in 2023.... it was sporadic. He didn't beat 4 .500+ teams in a row, but the Rams, Seahawks, Eagles, and Lions were all better than the Packers and he did... beat them.

So I guess..... he had a few almost 3 or 4 in a row, but not quite. But doesn't quite make me think it's never possible.
Lol the delusion is strong.
None of those were playoff games

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Would you want to spend $200M the next 4 or 5 years on him, when Cooper Rush and Trey Lance can get similar results for a whole lot less.
No one in the NFL believes that. Rush was a FA after last season. No one else wanted him. The Niners gave up a ton for Lance and dumped him for a 4th.

Jerry is 81 years old. He's not going to keep McCarthy then play a roll of the dice at QB. He will talk himself into believing Dak can still get over the hump.

To sign the other players he wants to keep he'll need to lower Dak's cap hit. There's only one way to do that. It is what is, so get ready for it.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

By Jerry keeping Big Mike the blood the fans want is probably coming from Prescott as a post-June 1st cut.
Plus Mike would be an excellent choice to bring on a guy like Trey Lance.
Let's face no coach can win with a gimp QB.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
No one in the NFL believes that. Rush was a FA after last season. No one else wanted him. The Niners gave up a ton for Lance and dumped him for a 4th.

Jerry is 81 years old. He's not going to keep McCarthy then play a roll of the dice at QB. He will talk himself into believing Dak can still get over the hump.

To sign the other players he wants to keep he'll need to lower Dak's cap hit. There's only one way to do that. It is what is, so get ready for it.
McCarthy might not want Dak back. We will see within the next two months.

rambo2

Reaction score

Dak isn't going anywhere. You are wasting your time with your rants.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Without getting into the whole "Dak wins" vs. "team wins" debate, here's why I think Dak is staying:

This team has not drafted a quarterback to be "the guy" and hit since Troy Aikman in 1989. They have no confidence they can do it either.

Quincy Carter was an epic fail in 2001. It was a trade of a draft pick but Drew Henson was an epic fail in 2004. Then they lucked into Tony Romo being an undrafted gem. As for Dak, remember he was a 4th round pick expected to develop into Romo's backup. All jokes and arguments aside, Dak has far exceeded at least the initial expectations.

And here's another catch. As much as he's made out to be a one read stiff, Dak is still good enough to put up great numbers, win a bunch of games, and have the Cowboys drafting in the mid to late 20's in the first round. By then there is no shot to get an elite QB prospect even if the Cowboys wanted one.