Reaction score

2:14 mark.

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

2:14 mark.

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Interesting...the numbers he's using do not fit the "Dak sucks" narrative. The bigger issue for me is/was you'd hope your veteran receiver would help lead/mentor a young QB, not lose his mind during games when things aren't going well. Instead of taking some pressure off Dak, Dez too often added to it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Because now he'll have a WR who won't be running a go route while Dak throws a crossing route.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Dak has no excuses now... this is his team. Time to prove it on the field. The wisest teacher I know said “wisdom is proven right by her children.”

The proof will either be in the pudding— or it won’t. The emtions around this decision are valid— but I will let this play out and see what results develop this year.

I would not be surprised at all if Dak and thr entire offense have a huge bounce back year in 2018... As much as Dez wants to prove the doubters wrong— this whole offensive unit will be motivated to play better— and I think the talent is there to compete— especially if they add a good WR in the draft next week

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree that Dak will be better without Dez because as it has been said many times, Dak is a QB whose best throws are done when throwing to a spot. Sure he can improvise on the run, but I think he will be much better with dependable route runners. Dez was never a dependable route runner. Troy Aikman was at his best when he could throw to a spot. He would have been on Dez's case for not running crisp, dependable routes.

On the route running thing, one comment about being "crisp" in routes. In the NFL, if you want to be a great route runner, you MUST be precise. Making the cut at exactly the right angle with speed and knowing exactly when to look for the ball. It takes great discipline, practice and timing. Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, Marvin Harrison, Steve Largent, and Fred Bilitnikoff make a short list of GREAT HOF receivers that made their chops by being great at running routes. Route running is not overrated!

During his younger days, Dez was able to muscle his way through press coverage and though he didnt have great speed, his athleticism made up for it. But his physical style has taken a major toll on his body and it shows in his game. He is no longer a dominant receiver. Good, yes. Great- no. Dez will go down as one of the top 5-7 receivers in Cowboys history and he deserves respect for that. But this team is not going miss him that much if at all.