Video: Why Dallas Cowboys Defensive Line is much better than you realize

reddyuta

Reaction score
Cant be considered dominant when your 29th in rush defense. Stopping the run is the #1 job of a front 7.

i can guarantee that stopping the run is not the no 1 priority of any defensive coordinator ,they will be happy to give 150 yards on the ground if they harass the Qb with their pass rush and limit TDs.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Cant be considered dominant when your 29th in rush defense. Stopping the run is the #1 job of a front 7.
Sort of depends on what the DC wants. Apparently, Quinn wants to swarm and create havoc. Washington abused his calls by attacking Parsons at DE in the first half, mostly running off tackle. Quinn was having none of that in the second half, and the front seven completely shut down the run game that had over 100 yards in the first half. This isn’t Marinelli’s base defense, playing the run on the way to the QB. Quinn has them running stunts of all kinds much more often than playing simple sound gap defense. He wants activity and confusion for the offense, but clearly, when he wants to focus on the run, it appears this defense can do it.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
With the wealth of talent we have on D right now .... I sure hope we put some real draft capital in the o-line in May.

Unless of course an unbelievable talent falls to us again.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, aren't the Rams one of the worse running teams so far this year. So something will give on Sunday. Hopefully the Rams OL, gives ups lot of sacks and pressure. As well stopping the run.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well, aren't the Rams one of the worse running teams so far this year. So something will give on Sunday. Hopefully the Rams OL, gives ups lot of sacks and pressure. As well stopping the run.
must separate actual run calls from using runing backs on check downs and schemed pass plays..Mcvey will use that to offset our aggressive pass rush and his lack of strong run game..

lots of quick hitting permitter stuff.. our CB/S better be ready to tackle. they've been a short passing; methodical long drive team and Stafford gets impatient and forces stuff intermediate and deep and can create few INTs.

if they are patient, they will do this and chip at us all day. Thats a way to use their Backs in more of a WSO type offense.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
One thing is Basham hasn't been active. But guys like he and Armstrong are getting it done. I admire guys who play mentally tough like those guys.

Praxit

Reaction score
I think Dallas D can afford to give RB some big plays, but in general the pressure they create barters in our favor.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
i can guarantee that stopping the run is not the no 1 priority of any defensive coordinator ,they will be happy to give 150 yards on the ground if they harass the Qb with their pass rush and limit TDs.

Yes. Limiting points is the No. 1 goal. However, you can best accomplish that is what's important.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
One thing is Basham hasn't been active. But guys like he and Armstrong are getting it done. I admire guys who play mentally tough like those guys.

Basham has a few more games on IR before he can be brought back.