News: Why DeMarcus Lawrence could be set for a bigger year than he had in 2017

CCBoy

Reaction score
Why DeMarcus Lawrence could be set for a bigger year than he had in 2017

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...-be-set-for-a-bigger-year-than-he-had-in-2017

...In 2017, DeMarcus Lawrence was entering the final year of his four-year rookie deal. The Cowboys decided to place the franchise tag on Lawrence after a dominant season, owing him $17,143,000 in 2018. A lot of people questioned if paying the former second-round pick that much money after just one healthy season was the right move. It was, and it would be wise for the Cowboys’ front office to try and get a long-term deal done before the start of the season.

Run defense
Not only was Lawrence a phenomenal pass rusher in 2017, but he was also one of the best defensive ends against the run in the NFL. DeMarcus is so good with his hands that he’s able to shed blockers with ease, and control offensive lineman at the point of attack due to his strength and balance...

Pass rush
Now as we know, defensive ends make their money in the NFL for what they do when affecting the quarterback. When healthy there are few better at rushing the quarterback than DeMarcus Lawrence. The thing you love about him is the variety of ways he can win against offensive lineman. He has the speed, power, technique, and the ability to bend, when you put all of those things together you get a complete defensive end...

Reactions: BAT

PhillySpecial

Reaction score
Why DeMarcus Lawrence could be set for a bigger year than he had in 2017

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...-be-set-for-a-bigger-year-than-he-had-in-2017

...In 2017, DeMarcus Lawrence was entering the final year of his four-year rookie deal. The Cowboys decided to place the franchise tag on Lawrence after a dominant season, owing him $17,143,000 in 2018. A lot of people questioned if paying the former second-round pick that much money after just one healthy season was the right move. It was, and it would be wise for the Cowboys’ front office to try and get a long-term deal done before the start of the season.

Run defense
Not only was Lawrence a phenomenal pass rusher in 2017, but he was also one of the best defensive ends against the run in the NFL. DeMarcus is so good with his hands that he’s able to shed blockers with ease, and control offensive lineman at the point of attack due to his strength and balance...

Pass rush
Now as we know, defensive ends make their money in the NFL for what they do when affecting the quarterback. When healthy there are few better at rushing the quarterback than DeMarcus Lawrence. The thing you love about him is the variety of ways he can win against offensive lineman. He has the speed, power, technique, and the ability to bend, when you put all of those things together you get a complete defensive end...

The NFCE played some pretty bad O-Lines last year, CCBoy. Giants and Skins twice, Seahawks, Cardinals, 49ers, and Raiders. Those were some bad O-Lines. Falcons and Broncos I guess were okay. And the Packers had 5 guards starting across their O-Line when they played the Cowboys.

Skins O-Line was derailed because of injuries. And if I remember correctly the Giants lost Richburg and Pugh for some games.

I think the teams we play this year will present a better challenge for the NFCE teams. But you never know.

Reactions: BAT

CCBoy

Reaction score
The NFCE played some pretty bad O-Lines last year, CCBoy. Giants and Skins twice, Seahawks, Cardinals, 49ers, and Raiders. Those were some bad O-Lines. Falcons and Broncos I guess were okay. And the Packers had 5 guards starting across their O-Line when they played the Cowboys.

Skins O-Line was derailed because of injuries. And if I remember correctly the Giants lost Richburg and Pugh for some games.

I think the teams we play this year will present a better challenge for the NFCE teams. But you never know.

Of the teams that Dallas faces this year...concerning running, I'm thinking that Philadelphia will prove out to be the weakest of the East. Yea, despite last year's showing. No true lead horse for pounding.