Why didn't the Coaches use Johnson??

arglebargle

Reaction score
Isn't that why we signed Brad Johnson? Injury happens, he can fill in competently off the bench. Once it became obvious that Romo was really having some problems with his hand, isn't that a coaches' call to bring in the reliever?

I really think of this as a coaches' error loss. I sure hope that the horrible spat of injuries turns out to be minor. But I question the judgement of the guys at the top. By the fourth quarter, I was pulling for a change. Doubt it could have gone worse, in any case.

jimmy40

Reaction score
arglebargle;1837641 said:
Isn't that why we signed Brad Johnson? Injury happens, he can fill in competently off the bench. Once it became obvious that Romo was really having some problems with his hand, isn't that a coaches' call to bring in the reliever?

I really think of this as a coaches' error loss. I sure hope that the horrible spat of injuries turns out to be minor. But I question the judgement of the guys at the top. By the fourth quarter, I was pulling for a change. Doubt it could have gone worse, in any case.
Yes, Brad Johnson could have taken sacks better than Romo.

sms4332

Reaction score
When your quarter back is obviously having trouble holding onto the ball let alone being able to throw it accurately, it was in Wades and the teams best interest to put Johnson in because Romo could not grip the ball.

I but the blame squarely on the head coach in this situation.

Please don't give me the argument that Romo gives us the best chance to win as long as he can walk onto the field because in this case he clearly did not have the ability to throw the ball.

Regardless of the above, we are 12 and 2 and still have home field advantage, not to mention a much needed bye week.