Why do all these media people keep saying the OBVIOUS about the Giants/Cowboys game?

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
All these High Paid media Guys keep saying-"IN ORDER FOR THE GIANTS TO WIN THEY HAVE TO PUT PRESSURE ON ROMO"

Well DUH, that's how any team wins in the NFL. I'm waiting for a media person to bring something else to my attention. If I hear THEY HAVE TO STOP ROMO one more time from another media guy I will throw my TV out the window. If that's all these high paid media guys are going to say then we all should send ESPN our resume to be a Sports Analyst in the Studio because it doesn't take much from what I seen this season.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe because it is their job and it is an obvious point of what the Giants must do?

I don't mean to be rude but they are making a point that is true. Not sure why they would have to go into great detail in a basic sports show.

That is more of something that Jaws and crew would do on the NFL Break down show.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1755879 said:
Maybe because it is their job and it is an obvious point of what the Giants must do?

I don't mean to be rude but they are making a point that is true. Not sure why they would have to go into great detail in a basic sports show.

That is more of something that Jaws and crew would do on the NFL Break down show.

But that's true for any NFL game isn't it? You pressure the QB and you win. I need more than that from a Sports Analyst

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;1755893 said:
But that's true for any NFL game isn't it? You pressure the QB and you win. I need more than that from a Sports Analyst

Your name suggests you can give us better insight...

Well what do you suggest?

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;1755924 said:
More than-"PRESSURING ROMO" I can tell you that

How about contain Witten?

Disrupt TO at the LOS?

GANG tackle MBIII?

Don't over-rush... be wary of the screens and draws to JJ?

On offense... consistency from Eli.

Blah blah blah

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SportsAnalyzer;1755874 said:
All these High Paid media Guys keep saying-"IN ORDER FOR THE GIANTS TO WIN THEY HAVE TO PUT PRESSURE ON ROMO"

What would you like them to say? "in order for the Giants to win Dallas needs to lose?

Shu-----eeeeeeeeze.

Gordon

Reaction score
Keep in mind that they also have to cater to the casual fan. Being that we all spend a lot of our free time (or for some of you, "work" time :) ) following all these football message boards, they're saying a lot of things that we hear all week and things that are very obvious to us. On the other hand, to the guys that follow football only on Sunday and maybe Monday, it's new and insightful to them.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt;1755879 said:

I just noticed your avatar quote. It's disturbing........and scary.

It's NOON..................beer run!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge;1755955 said:
I just noticed your avatar quote. It's disturbing........and scary.

It's NOON..................beer run!

Disturbing and Scary, but admit it, it intrigues you.

Scary thing is once you get a few beers in you and those beer goggles come on, you will want to PM me for more details. :laugh2:

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Football is not rocket science. The TV sports commentators are not rocket scientists.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
Gordon;1755952 said:
Keep in mind that they also have to cater to the casual fan. Being that we all spend a lot of our free time (or for some of you, "work" time :) ) following all these football message boards, they're saying a lot of things that we hear all week and things that are very obvious to us. On the other hand, to the guys that follow football only on Sunday and maybe Monday, it's new and insightful to them.

i agree, ESPN is more for the casual fan
i rarely watch it and get good cowboys news, most of that i get from this board (thanks)
i used to watch ESPN just for Irvin, i thought he was hilarious, now i just sleep until the game starts