Why Do Announcers...

links18

Reaction score
...always have to mention a player's former team? It doesn't matter if the guy has been with his current team 6 years and was only with his former team 2 years, the announcers always have to announce his prior team? Will we ever hear the end of statements like, "ROY WILLIAMS--the former Lion--makes the catch at the 35 yard line." I mean GOSH. :D

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Paid to make conversation, give facts. Doesn't bother me.

Jusl89

Reaction score
I love how when a player changes team and plays their original team, it's all about "revenge" and "the big return".

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
links18;2454422 said:
...always have to mention a player's former team? It doesn't matter if the guy has been with his current team 6 years and was only with his former team 2 years, the announcers always have to announce his prior team? Will we ever hear the end of statements like, "ROY WILLIAMS--the former Lion--makes the catch at the 35 yard line." I mean GOSH. :D

the world may never know.

or will we?

links18

Reaction score
ajk23az;2454486 said:
Paid to make conversation, give facts. Doesn't bother me.

I don't know why that is one of my pet peeves. I guess it just seems utterly irrelevant, once the guy has been with his current team more than a year. ;)

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
links18;2454500 said:
I don't know why that is one of my pet peeves. I guess it just seems utterly irrelevant, once the guy has been with his current team more than a year. ;)

Well 'utterly irrelevant' is 'repeatedly redundant'...so it'd help your sanity to let this one go.