Why do teams with a lot of no name...

juck

Reaction score
players always win these days.I think its cause they play harder with something to prove,sorta like in college.They have to work to get noticed and get the money.Maybe thats the key these days.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
juckie;1315784 said:
players always win these days.I think its cause they play harder with something to prove,sorta like in college.They have to work to get noticed and get the money.Maybe thats the key these days.

Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Reggie Bush
Corey Dillon
Marvin Harrison
Brian Urlacher

just a small sampling of players still alive this season. None of these guys are nonames and weren't really in college either (maybe Urlacher) Quite frankly, I have no idea what you're talking about.

JBS

Reaction score
I am pretty sure I understand what you are saying because I was thinking the same exact thing the other day. Its not that big name players aren't doing anything nowadays...it is the fact that other teams can do SO much more with so much less. The bottom LINE which has been beaten with a dead horse over and over and over and this board and RIGHTFULLY so is that the COACHING in dallas SUCKS. We do less with more...which is horrible...Hence the reason why everyone hates/hated zimmer so much for not making adjustments. And the same thing goes for Parcells-this is the main reason why lots of people here want him gone. He is doing LESS with MORE.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Colts have Manning, Harrison, Wayne and Addai

Pats have Brady, Dillon, Maroney, and a hell of a defense

Saints have Brees, Bush, McAllister and colston

Bears have a dominant defense to go along with ok offense

AbeBeta

Reaction score
If you don't follow a team as closely as you follow the Cowboys then you'll tend to think other teams have "no name" guys -- in reality all the remaining playoff teams have tons of 1st rounders and probowl performers on their teams.

Rustinpeace21

Reaction score
im sure he's talking about the jabar gaffney's and the reche caldwells, which is all tom bradys doing

Don Corleone

Reaction score
BigDFan5;1315814 said:
Colts have...Addai

Pats have ... Maroney

Saints have ... Bush...colston

Addai = great rookie
Bush = great rookie
Maroney = great rookie
Colston = scrub rookie turned to great rookie

I prefer to look ahead and not behind, but I feel that the play of the guys above has helped their teams remain in the playoffs. Rookies must contribute immediately.

Look at Carpenter in our playoff game. We lost, but he was a beast. Why didn't he start earlier?

It isn't about drafts from 6 years ago. Its about last year's draft. Colston was next to Mr. Irrelevant. Tell me that you saw that one coming!

We have to let the youngsters contribute.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Fans of every other team would call almost every Cowboy player a no name except for TO, T. Glenn, Witten, Williams, Ware, Adams, and Newman. You don't think the rest are no names because you have followed them since they came into the league or to the Cowboys and have read all the press clipings about how good they are supposed to be. The same thing goes on for the fans of other teams.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Rustinpeace21;1315845 said:
im sure he's talking about the jabar gaffney's and the reche caldwells, which is all tom bradys doing

That's a 1st rounder and a 2nd right there. So they were highly thought of at one time.

DipChit

Reaction score
Cowboys22;1315884 said:
Fans of every other team would call almost every Cowboy player a no name except for TO, T. Glenn, Witten, Williams, Ware, Adams, and Newman. You don't think the rest are no names because you have followed them since they came into the league or to the Cowboys and have read all the press clipings about how good they are supposed to be. The same thing goes on for the fans of other teams.

Exactly.

And I'm not so sure Adams and even Terry wouldnt be pushing it a lil bit. They prolly know Terry I suppose although it's not like he's been a loudmouth while bouncing around 2 or 3 teams. Some times when bouncing around that'd be the only way for many fans to keep track of you. ;)

Flo though.. well theres gobs of fans who couldnt name every LT in the league and it's not like he's considered on par with the truly great ones.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
juckie;1315784 said:

See the thread about "free agency, salary cap, and other PARITY driven rules" that have ruined the quality of the game and watered it down to what we have now: A smidgen away from a Saints vs. Seattle NFC Championship game. Good Lord!!

jgboys1

Reaction score
Thats why I think it is so important to build with the draft, and use free agency as a stop gap, just to fill in a few minor holes or for a little depth.Not to build a team on.

juck

Reaction score
well new england obviously builds in draft.even their defense has few stars.but BB makes stars,uses them,then they leave and suck.