Why does Favre get such a free pass?

jlust22

Reaction score
Favre is definitely one of the greatest QB's of all time, but his performance yesterday and in a few other playoff games has been downright dreadful. One play yesterday in particular by Favre was really gutless. Right before the half, near the goal line when Favre was 5 yards past the line of scrimmage and decided to throw the ball underhand into the end zone was a really pathetic play on his part. Instead of just giving up, if Favre would have shown any courage he might of scored, gotten the 1st down or even gotten close enough for them to go for it on 4th down. For Aikman and Collinsworth to just laugh that play off and think its funny was pretty poor broadcasting on their part. Those guys have never be afraid to rip someone and for them in that situation to act like there's that wild and wacky Brett Favre again was weak on their part.

I know this post probably belongs in the NFL section, but it doesn't seem like many people post there and I was curious if any one else felt like I did.

TheHustler

Reaction score
jlust22 said:
I know this post probably belongs in the NFL section, but it doesn't seem like many people post there and I was curious if any one else felt like I did.

What a poor reason to post it here.

joseephuss

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
What a poor reason to post it here.

That's funny.

That was a dumb play by Favre. It cost them 5 yards. Kickers have to make their kicks, but those 5 yards probably played some part in missing that attempt. With the history of those two teams, those 3 points could have changed the outcome of that game.

jlust22

Reaction score
Sorry The Hustler if I went against board protocol. I should have just posted it in the NFL section, but its not like there aren't NFL posts on the Cowboys section about Randy Moss or the Jets sideline incident. At any rate, I guess I did use poor reasoning.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
I think he did it for entertainment value in a game gone boring.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
StarKist said:
I think he did it for entertainment value in a game gone boring.
There's that great Brett Favre, always taking into consideration the fans first.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I wonder how Favre would be doing with Cowboys fans. We are notoriously hard on our QBs. One only need listen to the fans when Vinny starts to see how opinionated Cowboys fans are on the QB situation. LOL Even poor Aikman couldn't get a break from the fans in his last year. I think Favre is a different situation though than Aikman. Aikman wasn't throwing for 4,000 yards and playing 16 games a year in his mid-30's. With Favre, his big problem in his early years was trying to force plays. He did stupid stuff like that too before his MVP trophies. Maybe the age is catching up to him and he can't get away with it as often now. Packers fans worship that guy. They all know it was his fault they lost but you won't hear anything out of them about it. I think that's kind of refreshing. You don't have to be a blind homer, but it's nice to see fans have loyalty to the guys who shed blood for them.