Why don't our media guys ask Jerry and Stephen tougher questions?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Are they afraid to make Jerry mad and possibly lose their chance at being able to interview him and the players? Have their passes revoked???

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are plenty of DFW sports personalities that are ready, willing and able to ask the Jones boys some tough questions. One problem - Neither Jerry nor Stephen will EVER appear where they are facing any reporters that aren’t beat writers. Jerry used to do a show on Dallas station the Ticket back about 15 years ago but he couldn’t handle the line of questions.

The guys who cover the team - the regular beat writers at the Fort Worth Star Telegram and Dallas MN will only ask softball questions about the team and the upcoming season. That’s exactly who the Jones boys want to hold court with.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Are they afraid to make Jerry mad and possibly lose their chance at being able to interview him and the players? Have their passes revoked???
What media guys? Most of those are national and or on his payroll.

If you’re looking for local media tough questions listen in to the Fan 103 every day . Jethro is on live on Tuesday’s .

And the beat writers in Dallas and Ft Worth papers are most critical and deliver the best coverage.

CWR

Reaction score
There are plenty of DFW sports personalities that are ready, willing and able to ask the Jones boys some tough questions. One problem - Neither Jerry nor Stephen will EVER appear where they are facing any reporters that aren’t beat writers. Jerry used to do a show on Dallas station the Ticket back about 15 years ago but he couldn’t handle the line of questions.

The guys who cover the team - the regular beat writers at the Fort Worth Star Telegram and Dallas MN will only ask softball questions about the team and the upcoming season. That’s exactly who the Jones boys want to hold court with.
I do still hear them ask occasionally difficult questions, but they let the FO dance around and don't hold them to it.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Media has been sold out forever now.
Every one of them has their hands out waiting for the $ to sell the client's theme song.
Look at the media as lobbyists cause in reality that's what they are!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

It all makes sense thanks

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Right.., David Moore from DMN who also is on the Cowboys weekly TV show during the season can offer criticism but he generally ask the softer questions . Much like Mickey Spagnolia. But he’s on the Cowboys payroll too.

Tim Cowlishaw( I guess I can name these beat writers from DMN) is the toughest critic . And who I generally follow. I don’t normally see him at these press conferences. And never have seen him on any Cowboys TV broadcast.

I guess most fans who don’t live in the area don’t have access to the two Cowboys shows on Sunday mornings during the season. Probably can’t get them online.

And they don’t read the local papers or watch local tv affiliates broadcast which are all available online. DMN is only a couple dollars a month( I still read the paper ) online subscription and WFAA is free online. Probably consumes less time than I spend here.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
just like the cowboys turning off replies to twitter. you ask tough questions you will be banned.