Why has Watson failed so bad in Cleveland?

jwitten82

Reaction score
Do you think his off the field issues affected his mental game that bad? He wasn't a bad Qb in Houston, I remember the thinking Houston was crazy for trading him.
He missed all of 2021 for suspension, but the numbers he put up, I thought he was a franchise qb
2018: 26 tds and 9 int, 5 rush tds
2019: 26 tds and 12 ints, 7 rush tds
2020: 33 tds 7 ints, 3 rush tds

Crazy how bad he fell off

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hard to say. I’m wondering how much of his success should be accredited to D Hop. He was arguably the best receiver in the league….i think this year we figure out what Watson is. A lot of the reasons and excuses are gone. Sucks because he was looking at one point to battle it out with Josh and Pat for years to come.

John813

Reaction score
I don't know but it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

I'm not going to say his fall off in play makes me happy and I think he deserves it.

But.

Well, his contract is fully guaranteed, so even if he never gets back on track he gets a quarter of a billion dollars from Cleveland alone.
Would of been nicer had this happened prior to a huge contract, but I doubt NFL cares as the news is old and buried.

Insertzombielandcryingintomoney.gif lol

That being said, his drop off is something. Had a two headed run game for a bit.
Team acquired Cooper for cheap. Njoku seems to finally gotten to make it click

gtb1943

Reaction score
The football black hole
I am wondering if Cleveland is going to be like the Red Sox and Cubs and wait almost a century to win it all again
I think it was 1964 when Cleveland last won the NFL championship

joseephuss

Reaction score
He wasn't as good as he was hyped to be while playing in Houston. That doesn't mean he was bad, but hype often is higher than reality. Defenses have adjusted to him. He hasn't as of yet, adjusted to those adjustments. It all seems worse because of what Cleveland gave up to get him and how much they are paying him.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Coming back from that kind of scandal was always a huge uphill battle regardless of the team.

Crazy that Cleveland did that deal.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Coming back from that kind of scandal was always a huge uphill battle regardless of the team.

Crazy that Cleveland did that deal.
One consistent thing over the last thirty years with the Browns:
they always screw up the big decisions

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Cleveland where QB careers go to die

blfblaA.png

635839797260883877-jersey_32892_ver1.0.JPG

NjaC6JG.png