Why is Darren Woodson not a hall of famer yet?

Nexx

Reaction score
cause there are a ton of dumb people voting

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Probably because they feel the triplets are the reason for the 3 rings.Darren should be in the hall no doubt.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
I believe there are more Cardinals players than Cowboys players from the 90’s in the HoF.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
What’s going on NFL?!?!

Let him into the hall already. Stop snubbing him. He has the rings, the stats and the pro bowls!
Woodson had a short period of dominance and low INTs. Going by the PFR's HOF Monitor, he's really not that high up.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/hof/hofm_DB.htm

And the HOF doesn't value position flex as much as it should. Huge advantage to the team that Woodson could flex between S and slot, but such flex usually means you're not the best at any single position.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Two reasons, in my opinion:
1. For a Cowboys player to get in, he has to be more than just great. I mean, look at Cowboys in the HOF, like Lilly, Allen, Roger, Troy, Emmitt, etc.
All like 10-time Pro Bowlers, or league's leading rusher, or be the winning qb on 3 SBs, or absolutely dominate their position. Meanwhile players like Lynn Swann get in because they just happened to be on a team that won 4 SBs, despite not having stats nearly as good as snubbed players like Tony Hill.
Woodson has 5 Pro Bowls, if he had 8 or so he'd be in probably.

2. Woodson was very good at everything related to his position - tackles, interceptions, games played, Pro Bowls, etc. But not a standout in any one area, if he'd had 50 ints, for example. Or if he'd had a signature play, like 1 90-yard pick-6 in a SB. Even though being very good in multiple areas is probably more valuable than just being a sack master or such.

Not saying there may not be an anti-Cowboys bias, I don't know if there is or there is not. Could be a third reason, who knows?