Why is Favre getting a pass from the media?

BeWare94

Benched
Reaction score
proline said:
I think Favre should retire. BUT .... how is his delay in making a decision hurting the team? They can do whatever they want to do personnel-wise, whether he decides to stay or go. I don't see them aggressively going after any free agents to improve their team right now....

First of all, they don't know if they are going to have to look for a quarterback.
Secondly, how do you go shopping in FA if you don't know if you are going to have to pay his big fat contract for the year.
Thirdly, Brett throws Javon Walker under the bus to the point where he vows he'll retire before he'd wear the "G" again. Now Brett claims he wants a better team. Chasing Pro Bowl caliber players out of town won't make the team better...sounds like Favre's work has been counterproductive to making the Packers a better team.
I agree with the guy who started this thread. I don't see what the big deal over Brett Favre is...he isn't even the best quarterback to ever wear a Packers uniform and many laud him as the greatest thing since sliced cheese.

Screw Favre! Give me Tom Brady instead.

BeWare94

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Agreed.

They drafted a QB with their first pick in the first round last year so it is not like they need to know so they can draft a QB in the draft.

They have walker saying he does not want to come back and play for the team so it is not a matter of keeping him or letting him go if Brett goes.

They should be trying to do the best they can for the overall team no matter if Brett is staying or going.

However even with that said, Brett can get away with things because he is one of the golden boys of the NFL.

I guess it pays to be a golden white good ol' country boy quarterback in the NFL. Daunte Culpepper got crucified for a whole lot less.

BeWare94

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Whether Chewy is right or wrong...I would think he would be the last guy to talk about someone else being "selfish".

Translation. So whether what this guy is saying is right or wrong you have already made up your mind to defend Favre. That's real bipartisan. I Troy Aikman would get half the accolades that Brett Favre gets seeing as how Aikman was the superior quarterback.

MONT17

Reaction score
Farve has always got a pass.... from day 1!!! the guy was hooked on pain killers and developed a rep of being a tough guy.... while guys like TROY were injury prone!!!

anyone write a book abook about Farve and his drug habits! NO!!!

Farve=McGwire

the funny thing is he will always be known as 3 time MVP not 3 time SUPER BOWL WINNER!!!

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
because most people in the media treat Brett Favre like some fans treat Chuck Norris...

Did you know that Brett Favre's tears cure cancer? Too bad he never cried... Brett Favre does not sleep. He waits. If you can see Brett Favre, he can see you. If you can't see Brett Favre, you may be only seconds away from death. Did you know that when Brett Favre's wife burned the turkey one Thanksgiving, Brett said, "Don't worry about it honey," and went into his backyard. He came back five minutes later with a live turkey, ate it whole, and when he threw it up a few seconds later it was fully cooked and came with cranberry sauce. When his wife asked him how he had done it, he gave her a roundhouse kick to the face and said, "Never question Brett Favre!"

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Not really much need to post after Chief put it so succinctly, but his post did refresh the need for media relations in my mind.

I'm really stunned that major college programs don't require athletes to use a few of their gen ed credits on a class in dealing with the media. Any competent comm prof could easily handle it even if the course had to be specifically created.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is getting his share of heat. NFL fans are on to him and some members of the media know they can't cover for him.

jem88

Reaction score
BeWare94 said:
Translation. So whether what this guy is saying is right or wrong you have already made up your mind to defend Favre. That's real bipartisan. I Troy Aikman would get half the accolades that Brett Favre gets seeing as how Aikman was the superior quarterback.
Could you explain this a little more clearly?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Just about every analyst on NFL Sirius has been giving it to him bad. They've been riding Thompson too for allowing this to happen.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
His comments, I think could be looked at differently....

What if the reporter asked if the Pack would cut him?

His exact response wasn't....

"What ,are they going to cut me"?

It was:

"What, are they going to cut me? I don't know."

The "I don't know" part seems to be over looked. I want to hear the question in it's entirety before I form an opinion on Favre.