Why is it that "fans" seem to always assume we'll lose our next game?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Every week, without fail, regardless of the opponent, people come on this board and proclaim we will lose our next game, or that it's a trap, or that the team we're facing is backed into a corner and will come out swinging, or some other nonsense.

What's even better is that when people say this, they make it sound like they are revealing some great truth that no one else seems to understand. If it were up to these people, we'd be 0-8 at this point, because apparently every team we've played is better than we are, we must just keep getting lucky.

Obviously, in the NFL, any team can win, is it really necessary to come on here every week and proclaim the next team we're facing has a leg up on us?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I dont subscribe to that theory.

I think we can win every game. Its only AFTER we lose that I believe it.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
TheCount;1748620 said:
Every week, without fail, regardless of the opponent, people come on this board and proclaim we will lose our next game, or that it's a trap, or that the team we're facing is backed into a corner and will come out swinging, or some other nonsense.

What's even better is that when people say this, they make it sound like they are revealing some great truth that no one else seems to understand. If it were up to these people, we'd be 0-8 at this point, because apparently every team we've played is better than we are, we must just keep getting lucky.

Obviously, in the NFL, any team can win, is it really necessary to come on here every week and proclaim the next team we're facing has a leg up on us?

Well it's mainly because it's been a long time since our team was 7-1, and a lot of people are expecting a let down because this is too good to be true. The Cowboys being so inconsistent over the last 5 years causes the in the closet pessimist to come out..

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They have to get it right sooner or later...don't they? :D

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
It's the same thing we were thinking when the Mavericks were getting good back in the early '00s. When you've been beaten down by mediocrity, failure, and disappointment for a decade it's hard to adjust your way of thinking and restore your faith in a team.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BrAinPaiNt;1748636 said:
They have to get it right sooner or later...don't they? :D

Exactly ...... then they will be all like SEE .... :laugh2:

Seriously I think dcowboysfan76 hit the nail on the head. Its hard to let the fear go.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
TheCount;1748620 said:

I always get accused of ALWAYS predicting the Cowboys to win EVERY week.....hey, I am 7-1:)

DC_Addict

Reaction score
Lack of Faith. Pessimism. Living in the past.

I think we'll win the rest of our games. GO COWBOYS!!:starspin

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I go into every game thinking we can win but I always know there is a possibility that we can lose even against chump team. You watch enough games over the years and you realize that even the bad teams will jump up and bite you now and then

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
YoMick;1748626 said:
I dont subscribe to that theory.

I think we can win every game. Its only AFTER we lose that I believe it.

:stupid:

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I have been and will be predicting that we'll win every game that we plays. I bet I'll get it right more than wrong. :D

Some people are just pessimistic, it's their way of life.