Why isnt anyone talking about the Bengals?

festus

It aint no fun when the rabbit got the gun
Reaction score
Are we still in meltdown mode? Is this a game that we should win handily and doesn't warrant much thought or preparation? Are the Cowboys thinking like that? I seriously doubt it. This game is a big game too in my opinion and it will show how reselient of a team we really have.

The Washington game was a hard one to swallow but it is what it is and it's time to look past that and start preparing for what I believe is a tough month of football. With Cincy next and Arizona to follow and not to mention the lonely Rams in the distant, I think there is the possibility that the Cowboys could fall into a trap overlooking those teams and looking ahead to the Giants for redemtion.

I think the next four games are crucial games for the Cowboys. I doubt Cincy is going to just hand us a win and as you all know, it's teams like that who use games like this to try and make a statement. I know the boys are going to bounce back and they will, believe me.

It's now that they have to stay focused, look sharp,and play football like they want to win a championship.

thekavorka

Reaction score
I don't care if anyone on the forum is talking about the bengals.

I sure hope the coaching staff and players are talking about them.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Even if we had won 45-10, noone would be talking about the Bengals, why? B/c they suck.

If, let's say, we have the Giants coming up, then yeah, won or lost, we would be talking about them in full throttle now.

festus

Reaction score
Boysboy;2298898 said:
Even if we had won 45-10, noone would be talking about the Bengals, why? B/c they suck.

If, let's say, we have the Giants coming up, then yeah, won or lost, we would be talking about them in full throttle now.

I guess there wont be much to talk about until we play the Giants huh?

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
The bengals are a trainwreck and we just came off a loss. The bengals are in trouble come sunday.

Boysboy

Reaction score
festus;2298901 said:
I guess there wont be much to talk about until we play the Giants huh?

The Cards game won't be a gimme-sure, they haven't played well since starting 2-0, but they have a pretty good team this year. Their D is very talented, they have TWO premiere WRs, their RB is still very good, and Warner isn't too shabby himself.

Tampa may be 3-1, but they don't scare me as long as Griese is their QB.

festus

Reaction score
Boysboy;2298919 said:
The Cards game won't be a gimme-sure, they haven't played well since starting 0-2, but they have a pretty good team this year. Their D is very talented, they have TWO premiere WRs, their RB is still very good, and Warner isn't too shabby himself.

I agree. I think that the Arizona game will be intresting and our secondary will have its hands full in that game.

Reaction score
festus;2298884 said:
Are we still in meltdown mode? Is this a game that we should win handily and doesn't warrant much thought or preparation? Are the Cowboys thinking like that? I seriously doubt it. This game is a big game too in my opinion and it will show how reselient of a team we really have.

The Washington game was a hard one to swallow but it is what it is and it's time to look past that and start preparing for what I believe is a tough month of football. With Cincy next and Arizona to follow and not to mention the lonely Rams in the distant, I think there is the possibility that the Cowboys could fall into a trap overlooking those teams and looking ahead to the Giants for redemtion.

I think the next four games are crucial games for the Cowboys. I doubt Cincy is going to just hand us a win and as you all know, it's teams like that who use games like this to try and make a statement. I know the boys are going to bounce back and they will, believe me.

It's now that they have to stay focused, look sharp,and play football like they want to win a championship.

Hell, I am over the loss as well I am sure the Cowboys are moving on, tomorrow and get ready for another game.

I will be more than happy to talk about the Bengals!

It will be interesting to see if Carson Palmer plays. Also, like to see what approach the Cowboys take on offense.

festus

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2298935 said:
Hell, I am over the loss as well I am sure the Cowboys are moving on, tomorrow and get ready for another game.

I will be more than happy to talk about the Bengals!

It will be interesting to see if Carson Palmer plays. Also, like to see what approach the Cowboys take on offense.

I'm sure you'll see a heavy dose of running :laugh2:

I just think it's games like these that the Cowboys need to look sharp in.

Cowboy_4_Life

Reaction score
Just checking out the Bengals forum puts me in a better mood. Especially when they predict PAIN for the score. :lmao: It also better reading how they are saying they are going to 0-16 this year and here we are pouting about one lost.

Reaction score
festus;2298941 said:
I'm sure you'll see a heavy dose of running :laugh2:

I just think it's games like these that the Cowboys need to look sharp in.

Ya! I hope the Cowboys make a statement here against the Bengals and letting everbody know that they just had a bad day at the office.

khiladi

Reaction score
Boysboy;2298919 said:
The Cards game won't be a gimme-sure, they haven't played well since starting 0-2, but they have a pretty good team this year. Their D is very talented, they have TWO premiere WRs, their RB is still very good, and Warner isn't too shabby himself.

The Cardinals are talented on D? They just gave up 56 to the Jets and blew a 4th quarter league against the Commanders... They are horrible...

Tampa's defense on the other hand is pretty stout, from what I saw against GB. Plus, TB runs a lot of underneath and short routes, and you know how we play those....

khiladi

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2298966 said:
Ya! I hope the Cowboys make a statement here against the Bengals and letting everbody know that they just had a bad day at the office.

They better destroy them not just squeek by...

Boysboy

Reaction score
khiladi;2298979 said:
The Cardinals are talented on D? They just gave up 56 to the Jets and blew a 4th quarter league against the Commanders... They are horrible...

Tampa's defense on the other hand is pretty stout, from what I saw against GB. Plus, TB runs a lot of underneath and short routes, and you know how we play those....

For all the flack over Romo and his INTs, Griese is FAR worse. He's not a bad QB, but he WILL throw his share of 3-4 picks a game. At worst with Romo, once he throws a pick early in the game, he shakes it off fine.

Our secondary may be overrated, but we SHOULD handle Griese OK. And the Bucs D isn't all that great either.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
festus;2298884 said:
Are we still in meltdown mode?

I'll probably keep melting down for a few more days. My Corporate office is in DC and all I've been hearing the last few days is "Hail to the Commanders". I'm hoping they will divert their attention to the Eagles by Thursday and I can get on with my life.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boysboy;2298997 said:
For all the flack over Romo and his INTs, Griese is FAR worse. He's not a bad QB, but he WILL throw his share of 3-4 picks a game. At worst with Romo, once he throws a pick early in the game, he shakes it off fine.

Our secondary may be overrated, but we SHOULD handle Griese OK. And the Bucs D isn't all that great either.
3-4 picks in one game by the Dallas defense? I'd like to see that. Seriously, I'd like to see it. And soon.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Boysboy;2298919 said:
The Cards game won't be a gimme-sure, they haven't played well since starting 2-0, but they have a pretty good team this year. Their D is very talented, they have TWO premiere WRs, their RB is still very good, and Warner isn't too shabby himself.

Were you in a coma on Sunday?

Their offense does still scare me though.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
festus;2298884 said:

It's only Tuesday.

Wednesday starts the new week.

And I am guessing that when we win you don't have a problem if we are still talking about the last game come Tuesday.