Why isn't the special team coach fired yet?

btcutter

Reaction score
This special teamis absolutely pathetic!!!! It gave up 14 points. It constantly gives up big. I don't remember coach joev give up this many return yardage. Why isn't the special team coach fired yet??? Yeah the O and D had some issues. But it's definately the special team who lost this game for us.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
btcutter;2332621 said:
This special teamis absolutely pathetic!!!! It gave up 14 points. It constantly gives up big. I don't remember coach joev give up this many return yardage. Why isn't the special team coach fired yet??? Yeah the O and D had some issues. But it's definately the special team who lost this game for us.

Our defense actually did a pretty decent job against the Cards in giving up 276 total yards of offense, 17 points, and forcing a couple of turnovers, including our first INT of the season.

That should have been enough to win as our offense generated 24 points and 374 yards.

Our Special Teams have been the weakest link all season. Adam Jones has done nothing on punt returns averaging a pathetic 5.0 yards per return while our opponents are averaging 9.0. Other than Felix Jones having a couple of big kick returns, our special teams have been really poor so far. Considering they sucked last year as well I expected us to replace the coach but NO!

I believe this was a major mistake in keeping Bruce Read on the payroll this year and not replacing him. We need to rectify this situation ASAP.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
For almost a year and a Half now our Special teams haved sucked!. I know Jerry doesn't like him but bring back Coach Joe!.:)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
If a team isn't prepared, it's the coaches fault... Now, who was it that said that? Thats right.

...history repeats itself.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I have to wonder if Jerry tells Wade they need to get rid of the ST this offseason and Wade bulks. If that happened that would give Jerry an easy out to get rid of Wade if he wanted.

Then maybe we hire Capers as the D-Cord. and find another ST Coach.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Read's squad sucked last year. If he was going to be replaced it should've been in the offseason. I have no idea why he was brought back, but since he was, he won't be leaving during the season.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
dbair1967;2332931 said:
according to Jerruh and Wade, all is well.

I immediately pictured Kevin Bacon in "Animal House" just before he gets run over by the crowd. DOH!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
THUMPER;2332940 said:
I immediately pictured Kevin Bacon in "Animal House" just before he gets run over by the crowd. DOH!

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v316/Yeagermeister/ALLISWELL.jpg

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Did anyone notice that on extra point and FG tries, we don't even try to block the kicks ? Why have some college special teamers that excelled at this and we don't even try to create pressure. Wonder why so many FG attempts in a row have been made against us ?

btcutter

Reaction score
what do we have to lose by firing Read now? Can the special team be worst than it is now??

Boysboy

Reaction score
btcutter;2332621 said:

Look-even IF that punt wasn't blocked, the Cards were in position to get great position anyways.