Why isn't TO...

dr_hefley

Reaction score
used in motion more often?

During the Chicago game, he lined up in the slot, in the backfield, everywhere and was put in motion a lot. When he gets a running start, he can't be covered by mortal men.

It doesn't appear they're using him that way as much lately. He seems to be mostly lining up on the outside.

Thoughts?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
who knows. Im not sure the staff feels they need to. The offense is hanging points at will without doing it. Would be nice to say they are saving it for later when points may not come so easy but who knows.

I would like to see some more of it but Im not going to complain too much because the offense is rolling as is.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
dr_hefley;1740529 said:

During the Chicago game, he lined up in the slot, in the backfield, everywhere and was put in motion a lot. When he gets a running start, he can't be covered by mortal men.

It doesn't appear they're using him that way as much lately. He seems to be mostly lining up on the outside.

Thoughts?
I've been wondering the same for the past few weeks. In the Minn. game they seems to move him around some but not like they were at the beginning of the season. Lining him up in unorthodox positions makes it harder for defenses to account for him and it nullifies some of the constant double-teams 81 sees. Hopefully they'll revert back to some of it in the coming weeks against stiffer competition!

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
He lined up as a RB and we used him on a swing route once against the Viqueens

Jaxonsdaddd

Reaction score
It does seem like the offense hasnt been as creative in recent weeks. Maybe it was just a bare bones game plan for the Vikes game. Wouldn t mind seeing some new wrinkles against our division foes in the next 3 weeks.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
dr_hefley;1740529 said:

Thoughts?
Why don't the Cowboys use that moving defensive front the way they did back then to confuse the offensive line? They seem to have mostly stopped doing that also.

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
dr_hefley;1740529 said:

Thoughts?

Hhhhmmmm.......mistakes like penalties and turnovers, bad field position, etc.

If you do any of those, or heck, even all three, your playbook gets limited.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
I think its more along the lines of who we've played.

If we use up these nice plays in the first half of the season, then what will we have the second half?

Why use TO in motion against the likes of Minn, Buffalo, Rams, etc, when we can be using it against the Eagles, Giants, Commanders, Packers, etc.

November and december is when the fun really begins

dr_hefley

Reaction score
dargonking999;1740719 said:

Why use TO in motion against the likes of Minn, Buffalo, Rams, etc, when we can be using it against the Eagles, Giants, Commanders, Packers, etc.

Mighta been nice against New England.

superpunk

Reaction score
We're playing not to lose on offense, not using our players to the best of their ability, etc.

Little known fact, Parcells still rules from an invisible tower high above Valley Ranch, and he spends much of his time hamstringing TO and our offense, stroking his cat, pounding the table and yelling "I'll get you next time, Gadget!"

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I have a feeling we'll see some creative stuff this weekend against a division rival. Especially against that Eagles o-line, I think Ware will be all over the place.

zack

Reaction score
dr_hefley;1740529 said:

Thoughts?

The bigger question is why isn't he running slants, comebacks and crossing routes more???? Especially with Jason Garret as the O-coordinator? I am disappointed with that aspect of the offense. Seriously, we are playing teams that run primarily the Tampa Two and slants can kills that all day. When TO was in Philly and SF, they ran crossing routes all day. You can incorporate that with this offense and I am frankly surprised that Garrett avoids doing that.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
dr_hefley;1740529 said:

Thoughts?

I've wondered the same. I thought that strategy worked well, and they really haven't used it much since. Without Glenn's speed, I think they need to get T.O. in a position he can break free of the double coverage he draws. Crayton doesn't really spread the defense.

sbark

Reaction score
I think it really helped Romo and the Receivers in general recognize a zone or man coverage.............

dont have stats, but are teams virtually75%+ zoneing the Cowboys offense? We have been ripping the hearts out of man coverage......especially Witten

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
dargonking999;1740719 said:

If we use up these nice plays in the first half of the season, then what will we have the second half?

November and december is when the fun really begins

Gee I dunno :D ... repetition, getting it right, sync'ing up... stuff like that...

You dont see the Pats saving stuff.... and it works just about every week..... more than once a game