Why no Henson? This is preseason?

Hailmary

Reaction score
If BP hasn't already crushed his spirits and confidence, he has last night.

BP is quite possibly the worst thing that could have happened in Drew's football career. Best possisble scenario now for Drew is to either be cut or have us win the SB where BP steps down on a winning note so he can start fresh w/ a new coach.

Don't get me wrong, I too am very excited over Romo's performance last night and would like to see him push Bledsoe for PT, but the way BP has been treating Henson seems a bit cruel and unusual. JMO.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Obviously Parcells opinion is he can't play. Nothing will make him think otherwise. If that was the case we would have been better off spending a late round draft pick on another QB.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
If that is the case, then simply cut Henson from the roster and sign another QB. Henson played very well in NFLe and had very good numbers.

Although Romo hasn't played much, it seems odd to play him the entire game.

Ken

Reaction score
I am perplexed at why you don't play Henson in a game. Anytime you can get him game time, is a must.

Made no sense. All you were doing after the 2nd series in the 3rd quarter was subjecting Romo to injury anyway.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
It's simple. He wanted to see his possible backup QB go the entire game without losing focus.

It has nothing to do with Henson.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Maybe because he sucks? I dont think Hensons high on anyones list anymore at the Ranch. Just a gut feeling I am getting. I think they will trade him to an indoor areana league for an extra kicking tee.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
What a Crock....I'm willing to bet that Bledsoe starts the next game and Henson is the first one off the bench, possibly with Romo playing the 4th quarter.

Henson not playing in this first preseason game is no bigger deal than Bledsoe not playing...it certainly does not mean that Henson will not play in the preseason. He'll get his chance, and he'll most likely be mediocre and robotic.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SultanOfSix said:
It's simple. He wanted to see his possible backup QB go the entire game without losing focus.

It has nothing to do with Henson.
I think this si exactly right. I highly doubt that Henson doesn't play for the next 3 games. Parcells wanted to put Romo's feet to the fire. Nothing more. The kid played well from everything I'm reading. We should all be happy about that and not worry about who didn't play.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
What a Crock....I'm willing to bet that Bledsoe starts the next game and Henson is the first one off the bench, possibly with Romo playing the 4th quarter.

Henson not playing in this first preseason game is no bigger deal than Bledsoe not playing...it certainly does not mean that Henson will not play in the preseason. He'll get his chance, and he'll most likely be mediocre and robotic.
I also agree with that. It's a much bigger story that Bledsoe didn't play than Henson didn't.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
Romo had decent passing stats, but I wouldnt say that he was the greatest.

He did fumble 2 snaps, and we only had 1 TD.

Let's see what Henson can do.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
eduncan22 said:
Romo had decent passing stats, but I wouldnt say that he was the greatest.

He did fumble 2 snaps, and we only had 1 TD.

Let's see what Henson can do.
I also read that he never aired one out so my questions about his arm strength are still unanswered. Doesn't change the fact that Parcells wanted to test the kid and that's why no one else played.

Hailmary

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:

Hard to comapre the two Drew's like this. One's logged in years of experience and is the clear starter, while the other needs as much game experience so we can fairly guage what we have. If Henson doesn't get some reps (how insignificant it may be), I consider that a wasted opportunity. Bledsoe, on the other hand, we already know what he has to offer. The biggest thing w/ Bledsoe this preseason will be getting his timing right w/ Owens, but since he didn't suit up last night either, no biggie.

Also, I wouldn't describe Henson's play on the field during NFLE as "robotic". His line failed him on a regular basis and he's made some of his best throws on the run while he had to improvise. I think it is fair to say that he could work on not locking onto his receivers tho...

jem88

Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
Maybe because he sucks? I dont think Hensons high on anyones list anymore at the Ranch. Just a gut feeling I am getting. I think they will trade him to an indoor areana league for an extra kicking tee.
So why are we wasting everyone´s time by keeping him around?

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
just BP's way of telling JJ he didn't like the move in the first place and it's not gonna work. It's a shame because the kid has raw talent,just cant put it together.

twa

Reaction score
Lord some of ya'll have trouble simply being happy that Romo showed talent and might be a capable backup or even starter w/o attacking another Dallas player.:bang2:

Is there some reason I'm missing that we can't root for all of them?:confused: