Why No Trick Plays?

Everson24

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of trick plays as a staple of your offense, but I really expected to see some this week knowing full well we would need to score points to win. Not even one trick play attempted.

As conservative as Bill Parcells was as a coach he at least would try the flea flicker once a game along with a few reverses. Bill Cowher used a WR pass to score an easy TD when his offense was struggling in Super Bowl 40.

Does this coaching staff even have a clue? Did they think we would shut out the Giants? Did they think Brad Johnson was going to throw for 350 yards and 3 TD's. I just dont get it.:banghead:

jimmy40

Reaction score
Everson24;2393740 said:
I'm not a huge fan of trick plays as a staple of your offense, but I really expected to see some this week knowing full well we would need to score points to win. Not even one trick play attempted.

As conservative as Bill Parcells was as a coach he at least would try the flea flicker once a game along with a few reverses. Bill Cowher used a WR pass to score an easy TD when his offense was struggling in Super Bowl 40.

Does this coaching staff even have a clue? Did they think we would shut out the Giants? Did they think Brad Johnson was going to throw for 350 yards and 3 TD's. I just dont get it.:banghead:

We can't even run basic plays.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jimmy40;2393745 said:
I said that in chat. How can you run a trick play, when they can't even run the most basic of plays?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was disappointed we didn't try something.

We knew going in that points would be hard to come by.

That meant opening up the playbook. Or so I thought.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Maybe we can advance to the trick play after we master staying onsides.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
When your playbook looks like this.....

TecmoBowl2.gif

You simply cannot afford to put a trick play in it.

Everson24

Reaction score
jimmy40;2393745 said:

You're probably right. But that's pretty bad considering my local high school team runs them quite effectively.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
They did run a trick play, and TO dropped the pass. It was when he was lined up in the backfield.

Everson24

Reaction score
jdub2k4;2393783 said:
When your playbook looks like this.....

TecmoBowl2.gif

You simply cannot afford to put a trick play in it.

Now that is funny!:lmao2: