Why not add Dez?

Rajveer

Reaction score
Hear me out before badgering this post. Now that we have Cooper, why not bring Dez back as well? We can then have defenses respect the passing game and make more room for Zeke to run. I think that could make for a scary offense. I would release William and replace him with Dez. Now I am not good with how the cap situation works with this move. But if the front office can make it happen, then I think they should consider.

If our offense can operate like the 2016 season with the time of possession, our defense would even be better and we can make a serious run.

Back to reality: We still have Garrett and Linehan. Scratch all of the thoughts above.

spook930

Reaction score
The staff thinks Dez is toxic.... I highly doubt he’s back in Dallas with the current staff.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Would he be ok with not being the number 1? Not getting enough looks? Not having a QB who can throw perfect passes? The NFCE secondaries? JG's "guys?" A significantly lower salary?

Rajveer

Reaction score
Would he be ok with not being the number 1? Not getting enough looks? Not having a QB who can throw perfect passes? The NFCE secondaries? JG's "guys?" A significantly lower salary?
All good questions and I think Jerry can convince him the next time they hang out at the club together. And I would fire JG so that there are no JG guys issue. JG guys are all in the broadcast booth now anyway.

Frozen700

Reaction score
And pick up Dez.

Have him, Cooper and Beasley just go to work.

We sell out for one run to the championship, doesn't work, we clean house.

We already sold out going after Cooper, so why not sell all the way out for a desperate run at a ring?

Frozen700

Reaction score
Cole and Cooper move the chains

Dez and Elliot redzone machine.

Hey worst case it would work on madden

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Biggest problems at the moment or the offensive line and the coaching staff, Dez can't help with either of those.

Thank 88 for the memories and let him go.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
And pick up Dez.

We already sold out going after Cooper, so why not sell all the way out for a desperate run at a ring?

It's not going to get it done. Not when the O-Line is banged up

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
If Dez was a big part of the problem we'd be winning without him. He was the scapegoat but I do agree that ship has sailed now.

He was a problem on and off the field, ran poor routes, led the league in drops, lost what little speed he had, couldn't get off press coverage late for meetings, not showing up for meetings, ranting on the sidelines and was a bad influence on younger players....and on top of all that, over paid for what you got in production....

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
And pick up Dez.

Anyone remember when the Commanders did it that year they had Deion and how that worked for them?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
We aren't going any where this season might as well give Cooper and Gallup as many snaps as possible in my opinion.