Why not use Burnett at LOLB?

Spirit Warrior

Reaction score
Carpenter's getting alot of time at ILB and the LOLB's getting reps right now are Singleton and Boiman. It seems a big waste just using Burnett as a backup to Ware and in nickel and special teams packages. Ware and Burnett starting at the outside spots would really kick arse!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Spirit Warrior said:
Carpenter's getting alot of time at ILB and the LOLB's getting reps right now are Singleton and Boiman. It seems a big waste just using Burnett as a backup to Ware and in nickel and special teams packages. Ware and Burnett starting at the outside spots would really kick arse!
That would not be a bad thing IMO. The only thing I'll have to say is, maybe they see something in Burnett that we've not seen.

MC KAos

Reaction score
id rather have carpenter, in the long run, manning the outside, but maybe he can move inside?!?!

The Realist

Reaction score
It's called creating depth. Down the road a month or so when Bobby is starting at SOLB.......if we lose a ILB he slides inside with Singleton back to SOLB.

Hiero

Reaction score
Spirit Warrior said:
cuz ayodele and james play inside, and carpenter plays lolb.

31smackdown

Reaction score
All I know is that I better see Burnett in there before I see Shanle..

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Spirit Warrior said:
Don't forget Ellis is getting a lot (if not a majority) of snaps at 1st team LOLB.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
And Ellis...he is getting a lot of reps at SOLB too from what I've read. That is the only spot open and there are a lot guys making strong bids for it besides Carpenter. We need depth at the other positions as well and right now Burnett is Ware's backup from what I've seen.