Why our Boys will win the NFC EAST

landryscorner

Reaction score
Now i'm not an expert but I'm just going by what I've seen so far this preseason and what I know about our east opponnents.....

I will only point out one or two players that hinders there team or sometimes an entire offense or defense...

The Eagles won't win because...they will miss T.O. and if you dont agree all you have to do is listen to how they are scrambling to pick up wide receivers off the market, also I think other teams now have a lot of footage of

Donovan Mcnabb and I'm sure they are all looking at it and finding his and the teams weakness' the days of relying on your star quarterback and throwing the ball to green receivers are things of the past, and the Eagles are realizing that as the opening day draws closer..

The Redskinis won't win because....geez did you check out there last game...poor coaching has landed portis on the injured list for a while and the

whole offense is in disarray, but I will point out one player on the Commanders that will keep from from achieving the NFC East crown.....Mark Brunell you

are the weakest link. Joe Gibbs has said that he will use these 3 losses to remind his team about adversity...hey coach howbout some better playcallling and a better quarterback duh...

The Giants wont win because....let's face it Eli's just not there yet, and without that strong leadership at the quarterback position it just won't happen for them this year.

The Cowboys will have the best Units in the east and I can only forsee the Giants maybe beating them once and the cowboys sweeping the rest.......

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Taking off my homer glasses I have to say the Giants are the team to beat right now. If Dallas really has improved on the Oline and if TO and the offense can produce they could easily win the division but the Gmen are no slouches in my opinion.

ravidubey

Reaction score
New York has both a shaky secondary and defensive interior. Name one player in their secondary who could possibly make the pro bowl. I can immediately name three on our own team, two on Washington, and four on the Eagles.

The Giants have Pierce defending the middle with two Joes in front of him and average safeties behind him. Oh yeah, Pierce himself is a good player, but is overhyped, undersized and was injured last year.

Last time I checked, those are huge weaknesses, but I guess they don't count for New York :rolleyes: .

They also have a QB who at times looks fantastic but then inexplicably seems to breakdown, fundamental mechanic by mechanic. He may mature and improve, after all his last name demands it :rolleyes: .

The OL is about the same as our own, however I'm cautiously optimistic that Gurode will be very good and that at this point Rivera is better than Snee (who is also banged up). I believe we have better depth on the OL than we originally thought, so I'd rate us better than New York on the OL.

Our receiving corps is better than New Yorks by a good margin; how this is even a comparison is silly. Just suppose Burress and Shockey cancel Owens and Witten (which they don't), that leaves Toomer vs Glenn, and Terry is playing at a high level. I think Crayton provides a better 3rd option than Sinorice Moss at this time. The Cowboys also add Fasano.

Tiki is sensational and should at least start the season strong. He is better than either of our own backs. But even here there are issues-- every running back hits a wall at a certain age. For Curtis Martin, drafted two years before Tiki, that wall was last season. Along these same lines, I don't see how Tiki Barber will finish the season strong without another every-down running back to spell him.

New York won with a gift of a schedule last year, playing Philly twice after all the TO-drama and McNabb's injury had settled and gaining an extra home game vs the Saints (while Dallas played at Carolina-- how fair was that?). They faded fast down the stretch, losing to both Washington and Carolina. The Panthers obliterated them. I don't see lightning striking twice for the Giants.

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
Agree that the Giants are the team to beat in the division. Before I say why, I'll get to the other teams:

-Brunell is done, and this injury is going to linger with Portis all year. The 'Skins will be forced to break out Campbell, and by the the time he develops it will still be an assortmant of poorly patched veterans composing most of the team. The Skins simply will not win anything of substance in the near future, not because of Gibbs but because Snyder refuses to ever re-build. There's no quality youth on that team, and while that would be ok if they were elite caliber, with Brunell there and a rookie backup....they're just not.

-Philadelphia improved yesterday with Stallworth, but he's still going to be his inconsistent self. He's very similar to Plaxico (whom I will get to later). Their defense though has slowly crumbled the past couple years though, and isn't what it used to be....and at the same time the lack of a running game outside of McNabb is going to kill them. I'll never understand why they weren't the first one lined up for Edgerrin James.

Now, for the New York Giants.

Their defense is incredibly good. R.W. McQuarters became their 3rd CB during the off-season, with the signing of Sam Madison. That's very solid improvement their defensive weakness. Two above average corners is always an upgrade. Pair that with the best pass rush outside the league outside Carolina in Strahan and Umeyiora, and you're onto something. And please don't pretend that Arrington, Emmons, and Pierce is a BAD LB corps.

Overall, barring injury, they've got one of the best defensive units in the NFL. That's always a nice first step towards being an elite team and making some noise in the playoffs.

On offense, they've got Eli who looked very good outside of the playoffs last year. Now maybe he's got the Manning gene for choking in the playoffs, but that won't stop him from getting his team there. They've got Tiki who's a top 5 RB in this league, a solid OL, an above average TE in Shockey, and some serviceable WRs in Burress and Toomer. WR is their biggest offensive weakness, and they're honestly not that bad.

The Giants are a very good team, do not underestimate them.

However, the good news for Cowboys fans is that the Cowboys are too. The Cowboys have atleast the makings of an elite defense (lots of youth though, so we'll need to see it proved). On offense, the Cowboys have a currently better QB than NY (Eli has a higher ceiling, but if I were going to win now I'd take Bledsoe), and three better playmakers in Owens, Glenn, and Witten.

It's going to be a close division, and it's going to come down to NYG and Dallas. What will decide it is obviously first and foremost injuries and execution, but after that it will be whether Dallas' defense is as good as it appears to be. If it is, they can win this division.

rdsknsbaby

Reaction score
landryscorner said:
The Redskinis won't win because....geez did you check out there last game...poor coaching has landed portis on the injured list for a while and the

whole offense is in disarray, but I will point out one player on the Commanders that will keep from from achieving the NFC East crown.....Mark Brunell you

are the weakest link. Joe Gibbs has said that he will use these 3 losses to remind his team about adversity...hey coach howbout some better playcallling and a better quarterback duh...

Do you honestly think that your points are legitimate considering that you're not an NFL coach.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
we're gonna win the division barring major injuries.

we have the best D in the division in a scheme they now understand... best secondary to defend the long ball (ie. no skins redux this year)

we have a very capable offense (best all around balanced RBx2/TEx2/TO/TG/WR) that can strike quick and play keep away.

excellent FG kicker.

good punter.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
i dont think you can blame the portis injury on the coach...it was in the first quarter and it was a football injury. stuff happens

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
the giants are the team to beat? why cause they won the division? maybe because they had such an easy schedule lastyear. or maybe cause they had an extra home game (saints). or maybe cause they played the eagles twice without T.O. or mcnabb. gimme a break! its either washinton or the boys that are the team to beat

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
dallas looks pretty solid outside of O-line and FG kicker.

if they can get even adequate production outta those two facets - the cowboys will make a very loud noise.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Landry's Corner, for a new poster, you really come up with some good stuff. If our D plays up to its potential and the injury bug does not impede us, the Dallas haters will be losing sleep this season. Our offense will be even better than expected.

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
Feel free to explain why you feel that way bigbadroy, considering the time I put into saying why I believe they Giants are the team to beat, at the least you could spend 5m to use some sort of facts to back that up.