why Parcells will stay...

followthestar

Reaction score
First, he realizes this is his last best chance to establish his legacy as one of the greats - which he is. leaving now on a sour note would forever diminish his legacy. this team is close - very close - and Parcells knows that better than anyone. we were 8-4 before the meltdown, and if we had started the season with Romo, 9-3 or even 10-2 is a possibility. would you walk away from that and leave the rebuilding job unfinished...?

Second, he is under contract and apparently has Jerry's blessing to return if that is his wish. give him one more year to find/groom his replacement and then we can have a smooth transition to the next HC.

Third, he has brought in a lot of talented players. if Parcells walks now, there's no saying how this offseason will go. his connections around the league are very valuable as well. he deserves one more go at it. and besides, who else can we trust to hold TO's leash?

None of this is to say he doesn't have his faults. if he does walk away, i won't be tearing my hair out or gnashing my teeth - we'll just move on. but the top of the mountain is at least visible from where we are - more than i can say about any of those 5-11 seasons of wither we suffered thru before he arrived.

Let Bill proclaim this next season will be his last, let him have one last trip to the supermarket, and see if he can't cook up a winner one more time...

Txguy86

Reaction score
I agree with you, but he just looks physically and emotionally burnt out, in my opinion.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
followthestar;1316833 said:
First, he realizes this is his last best chance to establish his legacy as one of the greats - which he is. leaving now on a sour note would forever diminish his legacy. this team is close - very close - and Parcells knows that better than anyone. we were 8-4 before the meltdown, and if we had started the season with Romo, 9-3 or even 10-2 is a possibility. would you walk away from that and leave the rebuilding job unfinished...?

Second, he is under contract and apparently has Jerry's blessing to return if that is his wish. give him one more year to find/groom his replacement and then we can have a smooth transition to the next HC.

Third, he has brought in a lot of talented players. if Parcells walks now, there's no saying how this offseason will go. his connections around the league are very valuable as well. he deserves one more go at it. and besides, who else can we trust to hold TO's leash?

None of this is to say he doesn't have his faults. if he does walk away, i won't be tearing my hair out or gnashing my teeth - we'll just move on. but the top of the mountain is at least visible from where we are - more than i can say about any of those 5-11 seasons of wither we suffered thru before he arrived.

Let Bill proclaim this next season will be his last, let him have one last trip to the supermarket, and see if he can't cook up a winner one more time...

I would love for him to come back and see this thing through and win a SB... I dont know that I trust he can get it done though....

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
First, he realizes this is his last best chance to establish his legacy as one of the greats -

He's already done that.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Tuna was outcoached almost every week the 2nd half of the season. If he comes back, what makes you think it is going to be any different???

DBoys

Reaction score
Txguy86;1316846 said:
I agree with you, but he just looks physically and emotionally burnt out, in my opinion.

Yep and it is affecting the team. They play like he looks.

JJB500

Reaction score
He is too old and tired and just collecting a paycheck! Time to go, nothing lasts forever!