Why the mixed reports on Rivera

Reaction score
Does anybody else find it interesting that some (Parcells press conf.) report that Rivera is playing like his old self, while others (JFE) say that he looks washed up? I don't read alot of JFE's stuff, but is there an agenda to make the 'boys out to be worse then they are to sell papers or what? What are your thoughts?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Has anyone outside of JFE been negative about Rivera? I've heard nothing but positive stuff. JFE doesn't really know much about football so she isn't a great source of scouting info.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
A big part of this is that we are hearing from folks who don't actually watch practice -- and if they do don't really know what to look for.

If Marco has his strength back then he's going to be solid -- he's good technically, a hard worker, and a very tough player

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
abersonc said:
A big part of this is that we are hearing from folks who don't actually watch practice -- and if they do don't really know what to look for.

If Marco has his strength back then he's going to be solid -- he's good technically, a hard worker, and a very tough player

BINGO !! We have a winner !!

brilliant.jpg

superpunk

Reaction score
Grasshopper,

The answer to your question lies in a simple truth.

JFE is a moron.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
theogt said:
Has anyone outside of JFE been negative about Rivera? I've heard nothing but positive stuff. JFE doesn't really know much about football so she isn't a great source of scouting info.

I'm not worried about Rivera. At worst I think he'll be functional, with the probability that he will be above average.

I'll personally feel alot better about things once Gurode shows as good against the 4-3 as he does the 3-4 in a few preseason games. We also need to see that he's not a weaklink as far as line calls go. I've got my fingers crossed Gurode will take control of this center deal and not look back. I think Al Johnson is a hold the fort type of guy, but Andre could be much more.

TheHustler

Reaction score
I'm guessing he looks solid, not spectactular, which sadly, is a step up from last year.

MONT17

Reaction score
I not worried about RIVERA, its August... He sucked it up last year but some concern should be can he make it to February? If this team is going to the SB they need to make sure they have a back plan for the old guy with the "healed" back!

Not sure why McQ cant move around more! oh thats... right we need OLmen who can pull!

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Rivera had some trouble blocking Ratliff yesterday but he seems to be doing much better than last year. I'll trust BP's assessment on that over Ms. Agenda.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk said:
Grasshopper,

The answer to your question lies in a simple truth.

JFE is a moron.

:hammer:

JFE is NEGATIVE on EVERYTHING
I'm beginnig to think I'd rather hear Skip Balless (Bayless)

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
That JFE and them dont know a lick of anything cowboys, and just look for something to stir up the readers, and make them popular. regardless if there right or wrong. ignore JFE, completly total waste of time, paper, and internet usage.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
it's looking like Rivera and Kosier will be nothing but average this year, but average is fine, although much more is expected of Rivera because of his contract, but as long as they keep the line from being a weak link, then that's OK

KingTuna

Reaction score
diamond cutter said:
Does anybody else find it interesting that some (Parcells press conf.) report that Rivera is playing like his old self, while others (JFE) say that he looks washed up? I don't read alot of JFE's stuff, but is there an agenda to make the 'boys out to be worse then they are to sell papers or what? What are your thoughts?

Spagnola said today that he is looking solid at RG.

I tend to believe Spags over a lot of these other folks.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
Rivera had some trouble blocking Ratliff yesterday but he seems to be doing much better than last year. I'll trust BP's assessment on that over Ms. Agenda.

it's one thing to struggle at times, good players tend to do that, but if Rivera was getting beat on a consistent basis, then I could see where JFE is coming from, but like always, I don't, and I bash her