Why was clocked stopped after Romo sack?

slogriff

Reaction score
We take over the ball with 2:39 left. Romo is sacked with around 2:35 remaining. Apparently the 40 sec play clock starts but at some point they stopped the game clock for about 7 seconds but the play clock continues to run. We should have been able to take it down to the 2 min warning. Due to the game clock stoppage the 40 sec clock would allow us to only take it to 2:02 left. We should have been able to run it down to the 2 min warning, take a breath and prepare for the 2nd and 16. Maybe things would of somehow went differently.

Why the discrepancies with the clocks?

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Outside of the last two minutes of a half, the clock is stopped after a sack until the officials set the ball for the next play.
2. After "certain administrative stoppages" like this one, the play clock is 25 seconds, not 40.

CowboyFan4Eva

Reaction score
Yeah. But I'm going tomuse this thread to gripe a little....

[gripe]
Wittens no call after he was.blantily pushed out of bounds is inexcusable!!!! Come on. Watch the film!!!! I don't know how they missed that???? Its Beyond me.....and if they did legitimately missed it.....my god, what else do They miss.and get wrong????

Also, Peyton should've been flagged for intentional grounding!!!!!!

Ok grip over. [/gripe over ]

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Yeah. But I'm going tomuse this thread to gripe a little....

[gripe]
Wittens no call after he was.blantily pushed out of bounds is inexcusable!!!! Come on. Watch the film!!!! I don't know how they missed that???? Its Beyond me.....and if they did legitimately missed it.....my god, what else do They miss.and get wrong????

Also, Peyton should've been flagged for intentional grounding!!!!!!

Ok grip over. [/gripe over ]

Welker's Scandrick tackle block comes to mind...........

There were several more.........it's football. Let them play. However, I just can't see the blatantly obvious ignored with a ref standing feet from the play. There's football and things that happen and then there's flat out cheating. I'm not just talking about Dallas either. Zero consistency across the officiating board. Worse yet, there's zero accountability. Nothing happens when they royally screw up.

BTW - I think Welker hits the meth pipe before games. (Kidding) Ever see the eyes on that dude when he's on the field? Reminds me of that cartoon weasel who's always trying to get at the chickens. :)