trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
This is getting weird...

Wife flags Strahan

Giants star was a two-timer, she charges in divorce filing
BY RALPH VACCHIANO and DAVE GOLDINER
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Michael Strahan credited much of his Pro Bowl success to now-estranged wife, Jean, who says the Giants defensive end lost interest in her after she gave birth to twins.
Michael Strahan's estranged wife charged yesterday that the Giants superstar vowed to "never have sex with her again" - even as he was involved with two other women.

In explosive divorce papers, Jean Strahan paints the gap-toothed sack king as a demon behind closed doors who showered her with spit and venom during terrifying quarrels and refused to help nurture their twin girls.

"I'll never tell you where I am going or when I'll be back," Strahan raged this month, according to the papers, filed yesterday in Essex County Superior Court in Newark.

The Strahans face off in Newark divorce court today over the allegations of abuse, adultery and million-dollar malfeasance.

A lawyer for Jean Strahan, 39, said she would detail years of physical abuse at the hands of her husband, whose ferocity on the football field has been matched by his big-hearted devotion to charity.

Michael Strahan, 33, did not respond in kind, saying via a spokesman that he would "never physically or psychologically harm anyone of my loved ones, especially my wife."

Among Jean Strahan's most devastating claims are that Michael Strahan:

- Agreed to have sex only twice since she had twins in October.

- Juggled affairs with two woman, including a Toronto woman and another named Kelly in Jacksonville during Super Bowl week.

- Tossed her breast pump into the trash and told her he didn't have time to spend with the twins.

- Claimed he wanted a divorce in part because she "did not like rap music."

The marital strife exploded when Jean Strahan called cops to their Montclair, N.J., mansion last Thursday, accusing her husband of verbally confronting her. Michael Strahan responded by filing for divorce Monday, accusing her of looting $3.3 million from their joint account.

The cash "has been surreptitiously taken ... and must be returned!" Strahan exclaimed in court papers.

When Strahan learned the money was missing, his wife said, he confronted her with fingers wagging and "his spit showered her face."

"It was his clear intention to terrorize [me], as he has in the past," she claimed.

Jean Strahan, a one-time cosmetics saleswoman from North Dakota, insisted she took the cash because the All-Pro lineman was siphoning off his money and planning a divorce. But the seven-figure snafu was apparently the tip of the iceberg for the couple, who looked like a portrait of married bliss.

They wed in 1999, and he often credited his wife with being the rock that helped him build a Pro Bowl career, including a record-setting 22-1/2 sacks during the 2001 season. They also built a reputation for generosity and opened their meticulously restored Montclair mansion for charity tours last year.

Jean Strahan charged the couple has long had a stormy relationship, but things got much worse as she prepared to have the twins.

Among other allegations:

- On the eve of the birth of the girls, who were conceived through in vitro fertilization, he blew off a doctor's visit and refused to discuss possible names.

- Even as she struggled through a difficult birth, her husband ducked out of the operating room to spend time with his friend, TV doctor Ian Smith, and got irritated when she questioned the intrusion.

"Who was there for me?" Michael Strahan asked his wife just after she gave birth.

With two little ones at home, Jean Strahan charged, her husband became less attentive to the family and regularly spent weeks on the road or with girlfriends.

Once, he agreed to take her on a date to mend their fading marriage, but got into a road rage confrontation with another motorist on the Garden State Parkway.

When they finally had sex in February, he refused to look at her and vowed they would never make love again, the suit said.

Reached last night, Smith declined to say where Michael Strahan is staying, but spoke for the football star. "Despite the inaccuracy of the allegations that have been levied against him, Michael Strahan is determined that he will remain a gentleman in the face of a very difficult situation," Smith said. "He will continue to respect the privacy of his wife, his children and his family life."​

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No it's getting ugly.. real ugly. similar kind of stuff that came out when Jordan and his wife was having problems. As for that 3 million, I read in another article that she removed it and put it in her personal account days before filing for the restraint. So she's not completely innocent in all this mess.

I say pop the popcorn, cuz it's about to get even juicier.

trickblue

Reaction score
How many HUSBAND are holding out on their wives... isn't it usually the other way around?

I agree she isn't innocent...

Some of the quotes were a bit funny...

- When Strahan learned the money was missing, his wife said, he confronted her with fingers wagging and "his spit showered her face."

- Claimed he wanted a divorce in part because she "did not like rap music."

- Once, he agreed to take her on a date to mend their fading marriage, but got into a road rage confrontation with another motorist on the Garden State Parkway.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those quotes sound like something I'd read in a novel...lol What's sad and funny at the same time, is I've seen them on TV and they just looked like the happy couple. Looks sure can be deceiving.

I remember when a friend of mine was pregnant, she was ready to divorce her husband towards the end. "He was inattentive, insensitive, not helpful, and just plain annoying." Well she's doing it now, but it took 5 extra years.

So there's probably some major hormonal issues going on in that Strahan household for sure.

trickblue

Reaction score
Apparently she has no qualms about using the media to further her clause...

This could end Strahan's TV gig...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
Apparently she has no qualms about using the media to further her clause...

This could end Strahan's TV gig...

I think Strahan is gonna get a gag order for her mouth. Cuz really, trying to make him look bad in the media will hurt her and those kids in the long run. I swear people don't think of that when they're breaking up, they just want revenge.

So you mean no more chunky soup ads with our favorite gap-toothed Giant? Oh darn, I'm sure gonna miss those. :rolleyes: :)

trickblue

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
I think Strahan is gonna get a gag order for her mouth. Cuz really, trying to make him look bad in the media will hurt her and those kids in the long run. I swear people don't think of that when they're breaking up, they just want revenge.

So you mean no more chunky soup ads with our favorite gap-toothed Giant? Oh darn, I'm sure gonna miss those. :rolleyes: :)

Agreed... parents frequently put their rage over the best interest of their kids during divorce situations...

I'm glad my ex and I had no children in the mix...

I'm with you... Strahan always was good on those Chunky Soup commercials... he's the only guy they ever had that could suck a whole potato through the gap in his teeth... :D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't want to start a new thread....

Amazing the b.s. taxpayers have to pay for. :rolleyes:
--------------

Strahan's domestic violence complaint dismissed

Updated: Mar. 17, 2005, 3:43 PM ET
Complaint stemmed from arguments over money

A domestic violence complaint against New York Giants star Michael Strahan was dismissed Thursday, days after he filed for divorce.

The complaint stemmed from a March 10 argument over money between Strahan and his wife, Jean, at their Montclair home. Judge Thomas Zampino ruled the argument did not involve physical violence, but not before Jean Strahan testified about other fights.

In often tearful testimony, she described past instances in which she claimed the defensive end physically abused her, including several times when he choked or punched her.

Michael Strahan denied the abuse accusations. He filed for divorce Monday.

Jean Strahan said that this month she and her husband argued after he noticed on an online bank statement that she had transferred nearly $1.7 million from one of their joint accounts.

Jean Strahan testified Thursday that she did so because she thought her husband was moving money out of the accounts himself, and because he had "cut up her credit cards."

During the confrontation at home that evening, Michael Strahan yelled at her and told her he would make her put the money back in the account, Jean Strahan said. But she conceded under cross examination that her husband did not touch her during the argument.

She said he abused her physically before they were married in July 1999, including one instance when they were visiting Strahan's parents in Germany in 1996. She claimed he punched her in the face and knocked her to the ground, loosening a tooth. She said no police report was filed.

The Strahans have twin girls, born in October.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2015465