Wiley and Jones injured today at Jags camp

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Jaguars | M. Jones Dinged - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:53:42 -0700

The Associated Press reports Jacksonville Jaguars rookie WR Matt Jones (hamstring) was injured at practice during the team's minicamp Friday, April 29. He strained his left hamstring and missed most of the afternoon practice. Jones is not sure when he will return. The injury ruined what was an otherwise spectacular debut for Jones.

Jaguars | Wiley Dinged - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:55:47 -0700

The Associated Press reports Jacksonville Jaguars DL Marcellus Wiley (hamstring) was injured during the team's minicamp practice Friday, April 29. Wiley strained his left hamstring.

Now they know why we said bye bye to Wiley he's a wuss J\J :D

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
jbsg02 said:
Dont they just run around some? No contact.

It's the "running around" that causes hamstring pulls, not the contact.

playit12

Reaction score
I think we'd better get used to hearing about Matt Jones injuries. There is a reason you don't hear about many 6-6 240+ guys running sub 4.4. Running that speed with that kind of momentum, I'd expect he puts more strain on his ligaments and tendons than most normal players. Plus he's a long strider and his Change of Dirrection leaves a little to be desired. Just a really risky combination.

Reminds me of a guy I ran with in High School. His fast twitch muscle fibers were so over powering that he would often hurt his hamstrings just reaching full speed. He regularlly had to throtle his speed just to run 100 meters.

Good luck and speedy recovery to all of them though.

ghst187

Reaction score
playit12 said:
I think we'd better get used to hearing about Matt Jones injuries. There is a reason you don't hear about many 6-6 240+ guys running sub 4.4. Running that speed with that kind of momentum, I'd expect he puts more strain on his ligaments and tendons than most normal players. Plus he's a long strider and his Change of Dirrection leaves a little to be desired. Just a really risky combination.
QUOTE]

I agree. I expect Matt Jones to come out and make a few highlight reel plays then spend 3 games on IR.