Will bobby carpenter play on nickel?

cowboyz

Reaction score
any chances carpenter gets on the field?

he played pretty good against seattle, so what's wrong?

Boysboy

Reaction score
cowboyz;1849243 said:
any chances carpenter gets on the field?

he played pretty good against seattle, so what's wrong?

I trust this coaching staff alot more then Tuna's. Whatever works for them, works.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Carpenter is a pretty good cover backer.

But he's not as good as Burnett. And he's not as good as Roy (in the nickel/dime backer role). So the reason Carp isn't seeing the field isn't cuz he sucks, it's cuz the two guys ahead of him are better.

After a year of working solely at ILB I expect him to get some PT next year, possibly even compete for the starting job.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I actually think carp is gonna surprise alot of folks that labeled him a bust

it just isn't going to happen right away

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rack;1849339 said:

But he's not as good as Burnett. And he's not as good as Roy (in the nickel/dime backer role). So the reason Carp isn't seeing the field isn't cuz he sucks, it's cuz the two guys ahead of him are better.

After a year of working solely at ILB I expect him to get some PT next year, possibly even compete for the starting job.
On the friggin' :money:

cowboyz

Reaction score
so you guys think he'll be playing the nickel backer with roy out this week? or will it be keith davis seeing as how wade has mentioned a more limited role of special teams for davis i'd think carpenter will see some time on nickel this week.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Rack;1849339 said:

I think he will compete with Aoydel next year for starting job next to Bradie James.:D

EndGame

Reaction score
I've actually been wondering this same thing ... why they wouldn't put an actual linebacker in the dime backer spot and just keep Davis in the safety spot. It seems like a better solution to me than pulling Davis down to become an incredibly small linebacker (even for a dime backer) and then putting a rookie in at safety to take his place.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm still a patient Carpenter supporter, but next year is it for me. I'd like to see him do the things he did against Seattle last year, and we have ourselves a player.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
stealth;1849342 said:
I actually think carp is gonna surprise alot of folks that labeled him a bust

it just isn't going to happen right away
Problem is, those people won't be surprised, because their opinion changes with the wind anyway.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
theogt;1849446 said:
Problem is, those people won't be surprised, because their opinion changes with the wind anyway.

Carpenter has been making tons of special team plays! Aside from that, it's really not his fault that this team has a few players better than him at this point.

The people that call him a bust are the ones that think he is a bust because he's not a starter, which I find really ridiculous.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
It would be beneficial to start rotating him in so he can knock the pine dust off his pants. We already know that when given field time the guy makes plays. Sure would like to see him in tonight but you just never know with this staff...:confused:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
ELDudearino;1849478 said:
It would be beneficial to start rotating him in so he can knock the pine dust off his pants. We already know that when given field time the guy makes plays. Sure would like to see him in tonight but you just never know with this staff...:confused:
:lmao2:

twa

Reaction score
EndGame;1849388 said:
I've actually been wondering this same thing ... why they wouldn't put an actual linebacker in the dime backer spot and just keep Davis in the safety spot. It seems like a better solution to me than pulling Davis down to become an incredibly small linebacker (even for a dime backer) and then putting a rookie in at safety to take his place.

Because they've seen KD can't cover? ;)