Will Glenn be tha man this year?

fortdick

Reaction score
With TO on the field, will Glenn should get a lot of chances down field. I think this will be huge pick up as far as Glenn is concerned.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
IMO, offensive line is the only thing holding this team back now from being one of the best offenses in the league.

drew97

Reaction score
I agree with TO drawing a lot of double teams and Witten over the middle Glenn should be able to take advantage of the coverage.

Mansta54

Reaction score
fortdick said:
With TO on the field, will Glenn should get a lot of chances down field. I think this will be huge pick up as far as Glenn is concerned.

I've been saying this all morning and watch things open up for JJ too. The OLINE will be better but TO helps our entire offense.

fortdick

Reaction score
drew97 said:
I agree with TO drawing a lot of double teams and Witten over the middle Glenn should be able to take advantage of the coverage.

Certainly may make some teams reconsider blitzing Bledsoe. May make the OLine better than it really is.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
This is actually one of the main reasons why I wanted T.O to come here....Glenn is a Number oneWR no matter how you slice it, and now he's just going to explode!. I love it.

bigdrulez3141

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
IMO, offensive line is the only thing holding this team back now from being one of the best offenses in the league.

I agree with you to a point but with TO here we will se less blitzes so i think we are getting better and better in that department.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
hee hee

I heard JJT (billed as 'the man who broke the TO signing story) this morning on ESPN radio. Taylor said 'the guy who should be throwing a party is Terry Glenn".

Of course TG stands to benefit from starting alongside the best receiver in the league. And it's not like Terry doesn't have the love of Bill and Drew on his side.

I will be 'interesting'...to say the least. How TO will deal with the Bledsoe-Glenn "relationship".

Silverstar

Reaction score
Glenn's role should be to compliment Owens.

As the #1 WR....I want TO to score as many TD's as possible!

BOMBS AWAY!

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Silverstar said:
Glenn's role should be to compliment Owens.

As the #1 WR....I want TO to score as many TD's as possible!

BOMBS AWAY!
Chances are he will- but still if teams are locked in on T.O GLenn will SMOKE the one on one easy. it wont surprise me if T.O gets alittle upset with the success of Glenn....Oh well as long as we win right.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
hee hee

I heard JJT (billed as 'the man who broke the TO signing story) this morning on ESPN radio. Taylor said 'the guy who should be throwing a party is Terry Glenn".

Of course TG stands to benefit from starting alongside the best receiver in the league. And it's not like Terry doesn't have the love of Bill and Drew on his side.

I will be 'interesting'...to say the least. How TO will deal with the Bledsoe-Glenn "relationship".

If TO doesn't like it, Bill will take a dump on him.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
This is my opinion.

Bledsoe loves to throw deep.

Owens will focus the defense's attention to his side of the field.

A healthy Adams will protect his backside. A healthy Fabini, along with Hannam, will keep rushers out of his face.

Glenn is going to attract single coverage.

Glenn is going to be running a LOT of go routes.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
fortdick said:

Not only down field but all over the field. Having TO means Glenn will get a lot more single coverage against #2 CBs w/out help. In most cases, Glenn will have a clear advantage.

Like the previous poster said, all thats holding this offense back from being an elite unit is the OLine. If we can get just average play from the OLine, we're in good shape.

Shaun

Reaction score
Should be interesting. I can't really see him having better numbers than last year though.

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
Here's how I see it playing out for Glenn..

Increase in BIG plays.

Decrease in overall number of touches...BIG decrease.

Between Owens, Witten and Jones, Glenn could very well become the forgotten man, not the other way around. Though the second that happens is when we'll consciously go to him and that's where his increase in big plays will come from.

Downside to this...I see him trailing off as the season progresses as he gets ignored.

Upside to this...even in this state he could still be good for 2-3 catches a game for 50-75 yards which is still pretty damn good for the #2 WR. He's basically become a short-girlie Alvin Harper for us. :D A very nice complement to our #1 WR, TE and RB--just like the old days.