Will McClay on Off-season Plan

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I’m actually a fan of his but this interview is as generic as they come (which for his job I get) we want the “biggest, strongest, fastest, most athletic” guys ….

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Was he actually still physically attached to Jerral's backside ....... or has he been unattached for the off-season?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I’m actually a fan of his but this interview is as generic as they come (which for his job I get) we want the “biggest, strongest, fastest, most athletic” guys ….
Thats me.. i believe Will knows what he is doing.. i also believe Will doesnt leave because he doesnt ever want to actually be held accountable for being a GM...thats a red flag to me..he basically likes to play GM behind Jerry's heat shield..ill gladly be proven wrong..

Gambit

Reaction score
Thats me.. i believe Will knows what he is doing.. i also believe Will doesnt leave because he doesnt ever want to actually be held accountable for being a GM...thats a red flag to me..
What evidence of the second part do you have to draw that conclusion?

John813

Reaction score
"We want to see the growth from our young players. We want to see our veteran players bring us along where we need to and we gotta find those young guys you can bring in and make sure we build the team all the way through"

AKA we are rolling with Overshown, Clark, Bell and the corpse of LVE. Maybe another raw LB with no instincts in round 6

Gambit

Reaction score
"We want to see the growth from our young players. We want to see our veteran players bring us along where we need to and we gotta find those young guys you can bring in and make sure we build the team all the way through"

AKA we are rolling with Overshown, Clark, Bell and the corpse of LVE. Maybe another raw LB with no instincts in round 6
What a strange conclusion to what Jerry said.
Should we cut Overshown, Clark, Bell?

Personally I'm all for letting young talent develop. I'm all for talented Veterans bringing a long the young talent.

Should we not draft anyone at all, or bring in young talent?

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Ol won't change without a coaching change. Try again clowns. I don't care what rookie is drafted
I think Solari has a scheme that this group of guys do not like to operate because they are not good at it. Get a new and better coach who can play to their strengths and draft a rookie or two that can fit that scheme. I think the running game needs upgraded as well.

Gambit

Reaction score
I think Solari has a scheme that this group of guys do not like to operate because they are not good at it. Get a new and better coach who can play to their strengths and draft a rookie or two that can fit that scheme. I think the running game needs upgraded as well.
Thing is Solari has used a variety of blocking schemes his whole career. He may not be a good teacher, but the scheme I have to think is a group decision with MM, Schotty and himself.

Those 3 need to rethink it.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Thing is Solari has used a variety of blocking schemes his whole career. He may not be a good teacher, but the scheme I have to think is a group decision with MM, Schotty and himself.

Those 3 need to rethink it.
Well if that is the case then yea those three need to get their collective noggins together and figure out the strengths of their line men before drafting any and see if they can change it into an asset. All I know as a fan is this oline didn't live up to their billing last season. TP may have spent a big part of the year getting right but even as he was elevating his game the yards still were not right. Defensive guys on him in seconds is a blocking problem not a back problem. See we need good teachers as well as coaches. If you can't convey what is in your head to other humans how are they supposed to learn? Since Solari apparently is safe I just have to hope as you suggested here.

Gambit

Reaction score
Well if that is the case then yea those three need to get their collective noggins together and figure out the strengths of their line men before drafting any and see if they can change it into an asset. All I know as a fan is this oline didn't live up to their billing last season. TP may have spent a big part of the year getting right but even as he was elevating his game the yards still were not right. Defensive guys on him in seconds is a blocking problem not a back problem. See we need good teachers as well as coaches. If you can't convey what is in your head to other humans how are they supposed to learn? Since Solari apparently is safe I just have to hope as you suggested here.
Or draft players that can fit the scheme.

Bass and Hoffman seemed to adapt to it. Steele struggled and was coming of injury.

Run game must improve though that much I think everyone can agree on.