Will Parcells get a one year extension or more?

jimmy40

Reaction score
If he comes back that it is. There is no way he comes back with just one year on his contract. He either gets an extension or retires.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
jimmy40;1314660 said:
If he comes back that it is. There is no way he comes back with just one year on his contract. He either gets an extension or retires.

It is my belief that Jerry gave Bill the extension last year to avoid the daily PC question of "is this your last year blah blah blah"... so if Bill wants to come back Jerry will do the same thing this year(no raise though) but both full knowing that Bill wont be back to finish it out... so is Bill comes back it is for one more year and that it... he wont finish out extension IMO

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
YoMick;1314693 said:
It is my belief that Jerry gave Bill the extension last year to avoid the daily PC question of "is this your last year blah blah blah"... so if Bill wants to come back Jerry will do the same thing this year(no raise though) but both full knowing that Bill wont be back to finish it out... so is Bill comes back it is for one more year and that it... he wont finish out extension IMO

And we will be right here next year with the same 8-8, 9-7 mediocre record/team that we've had the last 2 years. :(

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1314721 said:
And we will be right here next year with the same 8-8, 9-7 mediocre record/team that we've had the last 2 years. :(

Ouch! I know... I am against Bill coming back now.... only thing that I have hope for that if he does come back that we can EXECUTE better and draw up some HIGH PERCENTAGE plays for our explosive offense... we came up short this year but a little more creativity and the aforementioned would have been different = more execution because opposing team wont know what coming and better offensive play calling and our playmakers actually make big plays...

other than that scenario... we are a toasty 9-7, 10-6 team.... AGAIN!

hank2k

Reaction score
jimmy40;1314660 said:

I can think of 4-5 million reasons he comes back without an extension.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
jimmy40;1314660 said:

Why on Earth would you give a .500 coach with a pair of 1 and dones an extension???

Everybody knows that if he comes back, it will be for 1 year only. So why play these games and give him a phantom year so he wont be a lame duck coach?

Why on Earth would you reward a coach for one of the biggest collaspes in franchise history.........freaking amazing.:eek:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
If this happened, I would lead the brigade. I'll get the pitchforks... Sarge, Juke, dbair, cowboyed, etc. can bring the torches. ;)

jimmy40

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1314735 said:
Why on Earth would you give a .500 coach with a pair of 1 and dones an extension???

Everybody knows that if he comes back, it will be for 1 year only. So why play these games and give him a phantom year so he wont be a lame duck coach?

Why on Earth would you reward a coach for one of the biggest collaspes in franchise history.........freaking amazing.:eek:
Pretty simple, assistant coaches with no contract, no defensive coord., free agents you want to come here, etc. Parcells gets an extension if he comes back, you'd have to be a complete moron to think otherwise.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
jimmy40;1314800 said:
Pretty simple, assistant coaches with no contract, no defensive coord., free agents you want to come here, etc. Parcells gets an extension if he comes back, you'd have to be a complete moron to think otherwise.

Beast may be a complete moron as you say, but at least Beast does not accept being mediocre. If you are happy with being 9-7, 10-6 and "1 and done" in the playoffs, then keep your boy Parcells.

Best would have shown Tuna the door after the freaking Lions dropped 40 on us in our on building.

Whatever floats your boat dude.