Will the Real Eagles please Stand Up!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Alright!

We've pulled the cactus needles out of our teeth, and the Cowboys boot prints have faded from the seats of our tails. The only pain that remains is our pride.

So don't tell me you didn't expect us to rebound and get back on track. You've got to be kidding! Listen, I'll admit that the NFCE is one of the toughest places in the NFL to be right now, but that makes the prize even sweeter.

I don't know whether the Eagles will take the NFCE by the horns this year, but I know we are a viable contender. Before the Dallas-Eagles game, everyone spoke about how the window was closing, and the Eagles reign was over, and how it would be no cake walk ...etc. Now that Dallas has tipped us off the top of the mountain (perhaps temporarily), Dallas now has to maintain that reputation. I know you guys have been at the top before, but that was a lifetime ago for some fans, and for others ...that's a memory of totally different players.

I actually Believe that Dallas is an improved team -- but looking at the Dallas-Giants Game, I saw some very sloppy ball handling by Dallas on both sides of the ball. Perhaps it was because Dat was out of the roster, perhaps you guys were exhausted after the royal beat down you gave to us, but it took going to OT to tweak the win (but the win you did get -- and that's important). But that's not the Dallas Cowboys that I saw two weeks ago.

Do I dare ask the question ...I'm hesitant, but sure, I'll ask it anyway -- was
the win against the Eagles a fluke? Today's ganme may tell the story.

Here's my response ...I think it doesn't matter at this point! You beat us fair and you beat us for 60 minutes. MitigatIng circumstances are irrelevant now ...now, it's time to go back to work and regain some respect. To let the NFCE and the NFL know that what they saw two-weeks ago was not the Eagles' best effort.

Andy Reid, has made some adjustments like he always does. I know you all have your hands full with Seattle, but I think the Eagles will show how we really play ball this Sunday, against a very tough San DIego Chargers. Marty is a good coach and LT (the new one) will be difficult to stop. But like I said, we've made some adjustments to our defense, our offense and special Teams.

This will be war!

101804-dawk2.jpg

Hoov

Reaction score
PT, SD vs Philly is gonna be a good game, You must be fired up for this one, I'll definitely be watching and expect to see a great game. Both teams need a win right now, both teams have had a hard schedule thus far and are looking to start piling up some wins. This should be a tough, physical game. Good matchup.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Hoov said:
PT, SD vs Philly is gonna be a good game, You must be fired up for this one, I'll definitely be watching and expect to see a great game. Both teams need a win right now, both teams have had a hard schedule thus far and are looking to start piling up some wins. This should be a tough, physical game. Good matchup.

Your game against the Seahawks shold prove to be an interesting game also. And, you're right ...I am fired up!:)

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
No disrespect intended PT, but I am certain that I am not the only one around here that hopes the Eagles lose.

I expect a good game and hope for an injury-free contest.

This is definitely a game that I will be watching.

I am fired up too, its Sunday. And I am ready for some football.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
No disrespect intended PT, but I am certain that I am not the only one around here that hopes the Eagles lose.

I expect a good game and hope for an injury-free contest.

This is definitely a game that I will be watching.

I am fired up too, its Sunday. And I am ready for some football.

I wish my game was being televised. The Skins game is the only game on TV here in Maryland. The score is 9ers 7 - Skins 14.

The better team will win!

Hoov

Reaction score
the eagles sure seem to pull off some victories out of their arse. still a win is a win, i just cant beleive they pulled it off.

SD must be emotionally devastated the way that game went, and all 4 of their losses this year have been ones they blew at the end, that's gotta take a toll on the teams morale.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Hoov said:
the eagles sure seem to pull off some victories out of their arse. still a win is a win, i just cant beleive they pulled it off.

I'll take that as your way of saying congratulations for beating a good team.:rolleyes:

SD must be emotionally devastated the way that game went, and all 4 of their losses this year have been ones they blew at the end, that's gotta take a toll on the teams morale

NO More or less devastation than the Commanders one-point win over Dallas. They"ll bounch back -- your team did.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
I wish my game was being televised. The Skins game is the only game on TV here in Maryland. The score is 9ers 7 - Skins 14.

The better team will win!

The better team won SaT!