Will TO EVER Play for The COWBOYS???

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Clip of TO on ESPN, he is claiming he re-injured his HAMMY...again. Claims he was feeling better, but he may have taken too many reps in practice and reaggrevated the hammy.

He appeared quite serious, almost low key, during the interview...iIF not for all his prior character issues, IF this was ANY other player, the HAMMY injury would not be questioned.

Of course...this is TO...with all his baggage...and now the MYSTERY Hammy injury.

Several posters have speculated about the possibility of TO getting cut...I had hoped, and really thought the matter would have been resolved by now. I am also more than a little nervous about the whole situation and really starting to wonder if TO will EVER take the field in a COWBOY uniform??? :confused:

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
MissionCoach said:
Clip of TO on ESPN, he is claiming he re-injured his HAMMY...again. Claims he was feeling better, but he may have taken too many reps in practice and reaggrevated the hammy.

He appeared quite serious, almost low key, during the interview...iIF not for all his prior character issues, IF this was ANY other player, the HAMMY injury would not be questioned.

Of course...this is TO...with all his baggage...and now the MYSTERY Hammy injury.

Several posters have speculated about the possibility of TO getting cut...I had hoped, and really thought the matter would have been resolved by now. I am also more than a little nervous about the whole situation and really starting to wonder if TO will EVER take the field in a COWBOY uniform??? :confused:

At this point, will Vandy even play? Two of our biggest acquisitions....sidelined.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
nope hes just sitting for the next 3 years. (end sarcasim)

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Man what a message that would send if TO were to get cut, but I can't see it happening.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
No.

And, no, you aren't being ridiculously knee jerk given that the guy has only missed two pre-season games. Are you honestly worried that a guy will never play because he misses some preseason games? If so, you must have an easy life because you are just generating things to worry about.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jimz31 said:
At this point, will Vandy even play?

That's what is making me mad! Freaking soccor players! Making all that cash...! Stealing money....just like that other player...!

Stupid Cowboys! :cool:

:star:

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
This is why you can never compare him to Michael Irvin... Irvin was a practice animal - he loved the sport - he loved to hit and be hit - make plays ...battle...even if a 7 on 7 drill...

I don't see TO with that same love - anywhere near it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Is it because people feel that there voice wont be heard unless they start a new thread. I know its hard for some people to believe but what you say has no more value just because its at the top of a page.

There are:

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE

Owens threads on the first two pages. There are 8 Henson threads on the first page alone.

It makes this board suck pretty bad when people do this.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
X-Dawg said:
This is why you can never compare him to Michael Irvin... Irvin was a practice animal - he loved the sport - he loved to hit and be hit - make plays ...battle...even if a 7 on 7 drill...

The only love that T.O. has is for money.

It would have killed me not being able to play last year if I were him, but he just went on a publicity rampage....bashing players. Happened in SF, happened in Philly. I don't think it will happen this year, but it WILL happen...he won't change...he CAN'T change.

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
First--why don't we wait for the regular season to see? Steve Smith is also sitting out the preseaon--I don't see people melting down about him. (I would like to see us cut TO tho, personally, but I doubt we can risk it without getting a seasoned vet somewhere.)

I'll also point out that Vinateiri is sitting in Indy--key word being "sitting"--with a badly sprained ankle, won't play the preseason, & is in doubt for the early part of the regular season. Does that now make him a bad signing by Indy? Vandy was a risk we had to take at the time. Be honest--if you'd had your choice between Vandy, Vinateiri, or Gramatica, which one would you have chosen? Ironically, it now seems the Pats made the best choice with Gramatica. I'll agree--Vandy seems a little squirrelly right now, but it was a sensible choice at the time. It'll be interesting to see how the young kickers do over the next two preseason games. Maybe they'll show enough that Parcells will be willing to take a risk on them & cut Vandy.

Personally, I would actually love it if the team cuts both TO & Vandy & goes with youth. Maybe picks up some OL who get cut from their teams in their place. It would be a huge risk tho. How willing are we fans to risk a close game on Suisham or the other kid? Or go into the regular season with TG & some unproven WRs?

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
The only love that T.O. has is for money.

It would have killed me not being able to play last year if I were him, but he just went on a publicity rampage....bashing players. Happened in SF, happened in Philly. I don't think it will happen this year, but it WILL happen...he won't change...he CAN'T change.
You're right about that--which is why he probably will play. He's dumb as a stump, but even he has to realize by now (or Rosenmouth has drilled it into his head) that he can be cut pretty easily by the Boys & the team won't suffer a financial penalty. And that if he does get cut, he will NOT get picked up by another team. This is his last circus. At this point, even teams like Denver & Miami aren't going to fool with him. If he wants the paycheck & the publicity he clearly loves, he has to get on the field during the regular season. Now, we probably won't see him during preseason, but I just don't see him not playing in the regular season (unless he does get cut). Yeah, he'll be playing only for the money, but sometimes hired loyalty does work out. (I'm guessing there are some good incentive clauses in his contract too that he will want to meet.)

Nav22

Reaction score
Personally, I would actually love it if the team cuts both TO & Vandy & goes with youth.
Yeah, I hate having Super Bowl aspirations.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Kittymama said:
You're right about that--which is why he probably will play. He's dumb as a stump, but even he has to realize by now (or Rosenmouth has drilled it into his head) that he can be cut pretty easily by the Boys & the team won't suffer a financial penalty. And that if he does get cut, he will NOT get picked up by another team. This is his last circus. At this point, even teams like Denver & Miami aren't going to fool with him. If he wants the paycheck & the publicity he clearly loves, he has to get on the field during the regular season. Now, we probably won't see him during preseason, but I just don't see him not playing in the regular season (unless he does get cut). Yeah, he'll be playing only for the money, but sometimes hired loyalty does work out. (I'm guessing there are some good incentive clauses in his contract too that he will want to meet.)

Unfortunately, I thought that it would take longer for him to get picked up after he was released by the Eagles. It took just one week.

Sadly, some other team would snatch him right up if we released him today. Everybody thinks that "they" can change him. Look at how many people on here think he is a changed guy.

The excuse used by the fans of his next team would be this one: "He KNOWS that this is his last chance, so he will behave.". Unfortunately, that is the same excuse used here.

ghst187

Reaction score
I'm more worried about Vanderjerk not being able to play or not playing well. He hasn't done anything but look like a horrible kicker so far this offseason.
He's more critical to us IMO. We'll score points without TO but we'll lose some critical games again without a solid kicker

MissionCoach

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Is it because people feel that there voice wont be heard unless they start a new thread. I know its hard for some people to believe but what you say has no more value just because its at the top of a page.

There are:

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE

Owens threads on the first two pages. There are 8 Henson threads on the first page alone.

It makes this board suck pretty bad when people do this.

Hey, THANKS for consolidating all the threads...made it much easier for me to read them all!!! :laugh2:

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
Kittymama said:
First--why don't we wait for the regular season to see? Steve Smith is also sitting out the preseaon--I don't see people melting down about him. (I would like to see us cut TO tho, personally, but I doubt we can risk it without getting a seasoned vet somewhere.)

I'll also point out that Vinateiri is sitting in Indy--key word being "sitting"--with a badly sprained ankle, won't play the preseason, & is in doubt for the early part of the regular season. Does that now make him a bad signing by Indy? Vandy was a risk we had to take at the time. Be honest--if you'd had your choice between Vandy, Vinateiri, or Gramatica, which one would you have chosen? Ironically, it now seems the Pats made the best choice with Gramatica. I'll agree--Vandy seems a little squirrelly right now, but it was a sensible choice at the time. It'll be interesting to see how the young kickers do over the next two preseason games. Maybe they'll show enough that Parcells will be willing to take a risk on them & cut Vandy.

Personally, I would actually love it if the team cuts both TO & Vandy & goes with youth. Maybe picks up some OL who get cut from their teams in their place. It would be a huge risk tho. How willing are we fans to risk a close game on Suisham or the other kid? Or go into the regular season with TG & some unproven WRs?
:confused: Gramatca was cut today?

MissionCoach

Reaction score
cobra said:
No.

And, no, you aren't being ridiculously knee jerk given that the guy has only missed two pre-season games. Are you honestly worried that a guy will never play because he misses some preseason games? If so, you must have an easy life because you are just generating things to worry about.

As a matter of fact, I've had a WONDERFUL Life...good career, beautiful wife, loving family...However, as a LOYAL COWBOY Fan for the past 30+ years, I do worry about the team from time to time...But thanks for your concern :D

Also...given the history of the player...I don't think it's a knee jerk reaction, JMO :rolleyes:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
My only hope is that TO really IS injured. Cuz if all this is happening and his hammy really is fine, then things are gonna be much worse later on.

If his hammy is hurt, then it'll heal.

If it's not hurt, and he's missing practice (aka trying to prove a point to Bill, aka... whatever) then it's gonna cause more damage down the road.

That's why I'm hoping he's really hurt. And in all honesty, at this point, I think he is hurt. Better for him to rest it and let the mediots run wild with their "stories".

dguinta1

Reaction score
Guess you can say the same about Steve Smith this year. They are injured so hence the lack of play time. :p:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
X-Dawg said:

Yes he did but he also let his off field stuff hurt the team. We might have won in 1996 had Irvin not been suspended for the first five games.

I much preferred Irvin to TO but both have egos the size of Texas.