Will Tony Romo take Brett Favre's advice?

tmckee

Reaction score
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2008/10/will-tony-romo-take-brett-favres-advice.html

Tony Romo received a phone call from childhood hero Brett Favre, whose NFL-record 258-game starting streak includes a stint with a broken thumb. No. 4 advised Romo to try to play with a broken pinkie.
"The only thing I said was, it's worth trying [to play] if you can deal with the pain and can function good enough with a splint,'' Favre told ESPN. "If not, don't try.''
The Cowboys aren't completely ruling out the possibility. QB coach Wade Wilson said Romo, who wasn't available for comment, threw a little bit in the team's indoor facility today. But the plan at this point is for Brad Johnson to start Sunday in St. Louis and probably at least two more games.
Wilson said the biggest concern with Romo is doing further damage to his finger.
You'd think that, considering Romo's turnover issues, the Cowboys might be better off with a capable backup than a four-fingered No. 9 anyway.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
I hope he doesn't. I stated in another thread that I am not exactly high on Brad, but we don't need to be at our best now. We need this team at its best come playoff time, not now, we learned that last year. We just need to make it to the dance and i am confident we can do that even without tony for a few games.