Will Yankees Payroll ballon to 300 million?

Kangaroo

Reaction score
They have quite a few big salaries players locked up for years and they want guys like beltran and Matt Morris

What salaries end this year Brown and vasquez cost them 25 million in salary combine do they still have those albatrous around there neck next year ?

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Yes, Brown for one more year at $15 million (Not sure on Vazquez), they also have Bernie Williams for one more year (Original contract 6 yrs $87 mill). After that they'll get some "relief"

But their payroll is only $185 million, so no they won't hit 300 million. But they'll easily cross $200 million...

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
*Sigh* It looks that way. Thank God Ed Whitson's too old to pitch these days. Then again, I don't know what George's cap is as far as "too old".

I'm almost glad Billy Martin, may he Rest In Peace, isn't around. After this season Steinbrenner would probably call him and tell him he's fired just out of frustration.

I don't envy Brian Cashman either. Trying to fix the mess of a situation they have with old, overpaid, underperforming players would be hard enough without the Cleveland shipbuilder looking over his shoulder.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I heard Ron Guidry wants to make another run at it...