William Beaty, tackle, Uconn

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Id love to hear that intro on monday nights

But whats with all the board favorites stock rising so far?

Sean Smith, Duke, Kenny Britt, Clint Sintim. This might be a good year to trade up around 40-42

If the Eagles get Moreno, Britt, and Beatty im gonna cry

But if Beattys there I want him. Im officially driving the bandwagon.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
He's a good looking LT prospect. I hope the Eagles don't get him, too. I think they will get a TE. The Giants will, too.

They will probably draft an offensive lineman and could trade out of round 1 and still get a TE. I read where the Dolphins and Eagles might want to trade out. The second and third round is where all the value is going to be.

If the Dolphins take Stafford, and it looks like it, the Lions could take him at 20. At least, he wouldn't go to the Eagles.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;2711663 said:
Id love to hear that intro on monday nights

But whats with all the board favorites stock rising so far?

Sean Smith, Duke, Kenny Britt, Clint Sintim. This might be a good year to trade up around 40-42

If the Eagles get Moreno, Britt, and Beatty im gonna cry

But if Beattys there I want him. Im officially driving the bandwagon.

Would you rather see them get Boldin,Moreno and Beatty? Because either way they will load their team up with talent with 3 picks in the first 50 rounds.

Macnalty

Reaction score
I agree it is clear the Giants and Eagle move talent wise ahead of us this year with 3 picks before our second pick. We can only hope for a Scandrick to fall or a Malcom Kelly selection form these guys. This year the NFCbeast gets a lot harder.

The eagles could in theory with this draft improve at Tightend, Oline, and Wide Receiver from last years team that kicked our butt. New York will improve at WR, LB, and I bet DB. We cannot reload fast enogh this year and have to hope our existing talent can meet the challenge and our picks this year can keep up and not drag us down. We better start filling the sandbags if the eagles and Giants hit on 50% of their picks. BPA is the hope and how we start to stop the bleeding. I think drafting position with our first two picks handicaps us this year. Go Cowboys

SLATEmosphere;2711741 said:
Would you rather see them get Boldin,Moreno and Beatty? Because either way they will load their team up with talent with 3 picks in the first 50 rounds.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Beatty is a great athlete who wasn't as good on the field as he is in shorts. That's why he is rising right now. Add int he fact UConn is a smaller school and it makes sense. All their guys are rising. But you have to wonder how a team with 5 or 6 draftable guys and as many as 4 top 100 players can't win more games.

As to the Eagles they have sucked in the draft. I'll worry about them once it appears they can spot talent. I'd be much more concerned if they traded two of those top 50 picks off to get Boldin who we know can play. Otherwise I'll sit back and wait on the Eagles to draft the next LJ Smith or Winston Justice.

The Eagles will get better in the draft but they took a fairly large step back this off-season already. Besides, they are the Eags and find a way to lose the big (unless of course it is against us) game no matter what.

Silverstar

Reaction score
jterrell;2711999 said:
Beatty is a great athlete who wasn't as good on the field as he is in shorts. That's why he is rising right now. Add int he fact UConn is a smaller school and it makes sense. All their guys are rising. But you have to wonder how a team with 5 or 6 draftable guys and as many as 4 top 100 players can't win more games.

I hope a lot of scouts feel the same, cuz I would draft Beatty at #51 in a heartbeat! Alas, I doubt a potential LT like Beatty will fall that far. However, I don't understand all the love for Duke Robinson in the recent mocks now. With just 20 reps at his Pro Day, I'd definitley pass on a such a weak guard #51. Herman Johnson (24 reps) has better value at #69 IMO, cuz he could play both guards and RT if necessary.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
jterrell;2711999 said:

As to the Eagles they have sucked in the draft. I'll worry about them once it appears they can spot talent. I'd be much more concerned if they traded two of those top 50 picks off to get Boldin who we know can play. Otherwise I'll sit back and wait on the Eagles to draft the next LJ Smith or Winston Justice.

The Eagles will get better in the draft but they took a fairly large step back this off-season already. Besides, they are the Eags and find a way to lose the big (unless of course it is against us) game no matter what.

Agreed, but they are sitting pretty w/ their picks. Sure Beanie makes more sense b/c hes bigger, but Moreno is a workhorse w/ heart. He reminds me of MB3/Dunn. And Britt will go right around 28. They need a big target to pull down those Mcnabb ducks.

I guess the best case scenario for us is Beanie then Eben Britton

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Silverstar;2712775 said:
I hope a lot of scouts feel the same, cuz I would draft Beatty at #51 in a heartbeat! Alas, I doubt a potential LT like Beatty will fall that far. However, I don't understand all the love for Duke Robinson in the recent mocks now. With just 20 reps at his Pro Day, I'd definitley pass on a such a weak guard #51. Herman Johnson (24 reps) has better value at #69 IMO, cuz he could play both guards and RT if necessary.

I dont know about the cap hit, but Id draft Beatty, give Flo the chance to redeem himself in TC, if he doesnt than trade/cut him. Hes been that bad.