Willie Williams LB Union College, i may have found a diamond in the rough!

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Willie Williams, 2009 NFL Draft Prospect
Linebacker
http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_draft/willie_williams.htm
6' 3' 233 lbs.

Speed: 4.51

Miami-Louisville-Glenville State-Union College

5th year senior

Linebacker Willie Williams was a very interesting prospect for the NFL Draft. Williams has taken quite the roller coaster ride. To say it’s not far from the penthouse to the outhouse is an understatement. He went from being rated as the number one prep (high school) linebacker in the country and playing as a true freshman at the University of Miami, to enrolling at Pearl River Community College in Mississippi, leaving there abruptly and then playing in four games last year for tiny West Los Angeles College. Williams received a redshirt at Miami for the 2004 season, because of a knee injury, and played mostly on special teams in 2005.

That’s what happens to even the most talented football players that routinely break the law. I could fill this scouting report page with his rap sheet, but he had 11 arrests before he even stepped on the field with the Hurricanes. His arrests were mainly on theft and burglary charges. Maybe that’s why they call Miami Thug-U.

So that might be the end of the story except that Williams, who starred at Carol City High in Miami, has reportedly turned his life around and seems to be headed for a chance to play in the NFL. His 36 month probation term was cut short by six months for good behavior.

There were rumors that he might transfer to USC or UCLA, but Williams has decided to transfer to Louisville. It appears the talented 6’ 3” 233 pound linebacker has been given a second chance by Cardinal Coach Steve Kragthorpe and he will play alongside talented Malik Jackson, giving the Cardinals an impressive set of linebackers.

His coach at West Los Angeles, Craig Austin was thoroughly impressed with Williams in only four games last year. Here is an excerpt of what Austin said about Williams, “He’s definitely going to be a first or second-round selection to play in the NFL, that’s how good he is. He’s an edge guy. He’s a guy that will fly around and make plays, but he’s at his best when he’s rushing the passer and coming off the edge. He played some defensive end, outside linebacker and middle linebacker for us. In the four games he played I counted at least nine sacks. There may have been more.”

I normally don't use profanity here at NFL Draft Dog, but what a dumb ***. We can stick a fork in this young man, he is done. On 27 September 2007 ESPN reported that Williams was kicked off the Louisville team for possession of Marijuana. His once promising dream of playing in the NFL appears to be severely damaged.

Less than a week after the N.C.A.A. denied an appeal to restore his eligibility at Division II Glenville State College in West Virginia, he has transferred to Union College, an N.A.I.A. school in Kentucky. Williams had a solid year at Union College in 2008 where he was named to the All-Mid-South Conference East First Team and set a single-season record for tackles with 150. He dominated the competition at the NAIA level recording an additional 19.5 tackles for loss and 11.5 sacks.

After his troubled college career I highly doubt an NFL team will take a chance using a 2009 NFL Draft pick on him, but I predict that NFL teams will be lining up to sign him up as a priority free agent and if he does some how find a way to turn his life around and commit 100% to football, then he does have a chance to make an NFL roster because he has immense talent. But his past would say, "Don't count on it"

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
This guys old news joe...I want no part of him. Once he gets money he's going to the nearest strip club and makin it rain. He's got bad influences all around him.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Absolutely not. This guy throws away chances like Kleenex.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
All the talent in the world, not a lick of sense.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
BAT;2744554 said:
All the talent in the world, not one lick of sense.

ok i didnt know zoners, i thought he had turned his life around, but i missed the part about the marij.

your right;