Winners of Early Games

sago1

Reaction score
Sure a huge surprise to see the Dolphins really beat up on the Pats. Hmm. Makes you wonder about the Pats this year.

Some experts insist on ranking the Giants #1 because they are the defending SB champs. So the Giants gotta go into overtime to beat the hapless 0-2 Bengals who've looked awful.

Wow. The Commanders beat the Cards in D.C. Maybe the Skins are better then we thought or the Cards are the usual Cards no matter what anybody thinks.

Would have liked to see the Bears beat the Bucs; still got a soft spot in my heart for the Bears when I rooted for them big time back in the late 50s & 60s. Of course they still have the same problem--a decent defense but no offense & QB although Orton wasn't that bad in the few minutes I watched the game.

I hate the Eagles & also hate the Steelers so it's a toss up who I want to win. Maybe they can destroy each other.

Falcons looking pretty good. Of course I don't pay attention to who they beating but seems like they better then KC & a few other teams.

BTW: Whose the worst team in the NFL so far this season?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Patriots have an excellent offense without a solid quarterback. Their defense has a suspect linebacker corps. Both were exploited today by the Dolphins with Matt Cassel unable to make critical throws; and the Dolphins running backs gashing New England's defensive line, reaching the second level and the linebackers being out of position or missing crucial tackles.

I can't wait for the Giants to play us to settle who's number one in the NFC East. What critics see in New York in relationship to the rest of the league doesn't mean as much to me.

Arizona played down to Washington's level. They were tentative and should've attacked them downfield more with the pass.

The Rams are the worst team, in my opinion, but the Chiefs aren't that far above them.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
In answer to your last question: The Chiefs. At least the Rams losses have come against pretty good teams. The Chiefs are getting worked by bad teams.

Burgundy&Gold

Reaction score
DallasEast;2274052 said:
Arizona played down to Washington's level. They were tentative and should've attacked them downfield more with the pass.

Is that what happened today? I thought we played well. I guess you are going to just kill us next week then.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Burgundy&Gold;2274117 said:
I thought we played well.

To your standards of course your team played well.

Burgundy&Gold;2274117 said:
I guess you are going to just kill us next week then.

I think Romo's girlfriend will find the right words for your team just like she found for the egirls.

Hailmary

Reaction score
sago1;2274014 said:
Would have liked to see the Bears beat the Bucs; still got a soft spot in my heart for the Bears when I rooted for them big time back in the late 50s & 60s. Of course they still have the same problem--a decent defense but no offense & QB although Orton wasn't that bad in the few minutes I watched the game.

My god you're old. :eek:

Burgundy&Gold

Reaction score
TwentyOne;2274198 said:
To your standards of course your team played well.

And I am thinking it is safe to assume that actually winning a playoff game for the first time in 13 years would be square one for beginning to meet your standards.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Burgundy&Gold;2276285 said:
And I am thinking it is safe to assume that actually winning a playoff game for the first time in 13 years would be square one for beginning to meet your standards.
Yeah yeah yeah. Yada yada yada. Anyhoo, see you in a week, right? ;)

Burgundy&Gold

Reaction score
DallasEast;2276755 said:
Yeah yeah yeah. Yada yada yada. Anyhoo, see you in a week, right? ;)

Hope it is a good game. If we can somehow split between you and Philly I will be happy. Funny how the schedule worked out. All 3 of our division rivals on the road in the first 5 weeks of the season.

StarHead69

Reaction score
I can't wait til next Sunday, Cowboys -skins week is my favorite every year.

not to change the subject, but new england fans booed the heck outta their team at halftime and from then on til the end of the game. I can't stand the patriots, but after 21 reg season wins and like 16 straight home wins... how fairweather can fans be?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Burgundy&Gold;2276948 said:
Hope it is a good game. If we can somehow split between you and Philly I will be happy. Funny how the schedule worked out. All 3 of our division rivals on the road in the first 5 weeks of the season.
All that means is that you have all three division games at home in the latter part of the season. If your season is on the ropes, that's an advantage to have schedule-wise.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
noober;2276994 said:
I can't wait til next Sunday, Cowboys -skins week is my favorite every year.

not to change the subject, but new england fans booed the heck outta their team at halftime and from then on til the end of the game. I can't stand the patriots, but after 21 reg season wins and like 16 straight home wins... how fairweather can fans be?
Those fans will be cheering again before you know it. They'll be forced to. Belichick has film on them too.

Burgundy&Gold

Reaction score
DallasEast;2276997 said:
All that means is that you have all three division games at home in the latter part of the season. If your season is on the ropes, that's an advantage to have schedule-wise.

True...and I wasn't necessarily complaining, just saying it was an interesting quirk in the schedule.