WIPblog: It's Dallas Week; Please Drop The Eagles Kool-Aid

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
What do you know, some unbiased commentary at WIP

------------------------------------------------------------------

WIPblog By Joseph Santoliquito -It's Dallas Week; Please Drop The Eagles Kool-Aid

The talk has already sprung up. The Eagles looked good against a bad team Sunday, beating the Minnesota Vikings 23-16. Now they're ready to beat the Dallas Cowboys, right? Think again. Maybe a few people in this city have forgotten, but we're talking about the NFC East Division-leading Dallas Cowboys. The 6-1 Cowboys. The same Cowboys who are second in the NFL in average points a game (32.4), second in the NFL in average yards a game (402) and sixth in the NFL in defense (295.9 average yards yielded a game).

Those Cowboys.

Not the Vikings. Not the Jets.

I said before the season that the Cowboys were the team to beat in the NFC East. Many scoffed at me, telling me I had no idea what I was talking about. Some even at WIP. But eight weeks into this season, I may have known something-and that's that Dallas, led by Tony Romo, are better than the Eagles. Possibly the best team in the NFC. That, I had my doubts about. Not anymore.

Let's talk commonsense here. Forget viewing the world through midnight green glasses and take a look at reality. The Eagles simply don't match up well against Dallas. Though the Eagles defense has carried this team so far, ask yourself this?

Who matches up with Jason Witten? Can the receiving combo of our old friend T.O. and Patrick Crayton be stopped? Or the backfield of Julius Jones and Marion Barber?

Romo has emerged as a leader. He still has a tendency to throw an interception or two, but he's also shown great resilience this season (e.g. Romo leading the Dallas comeback against Buffalo).

As for the Eagles, well, Donovan McNabb has looked better. In fact, his game against the Vikings on Sunday was possibly his best this season. A vintage version of McNabb threw for 333 yards and a touchdown, showing flashes of the mobility that's made him a five-time Pro Bowler.

"I definitely feel like the burst is coming back," McNabb said after the Vikings game. "That gives me the opportunity to do a lot of different things that I'm used to."

Like beat a Vikings team that was 27th-rated in defense. The Cowboys are a little different.

The one thing I feel the Eagles do have over the Cowboys is a psychological edge. The Eagles swept Dallas last year, and Romo got swamped in his only start against the Birds, who throttled Romo into one of his worst games in 2006, completing just 14 of 29 passes for 142 yards with two interceptions, resulting in a 45.5 quarterback rating. Adding to the thumping was the fact Romo actually led the Cowboys in rushing with 42 yards.

This isn't Kelly Holcomb, Brian Griese or Chad Pennington the Birds will be facing. This is the new Romo. One filled with confidence. One who has his team off to a 6-1 start and in a position to take complete control over the NFC East after beating the Eagles on Sunday.

It's just reality. Not the Cowboys Kool-Aid talking.

Prediction: Dallas 30, Eagles 17

Duck, Tom

I hope Pats’ coach Bill Belichick doesn’t get Tom Brady killed the remaining half of the season. I don’t envision any linebackers going out of their way to knockout Bellicose Belichick. But I can foresee happening to Brady, which if it did happen would lie squarely on his coach’s head.

Joseph Santoliquito is an Emmy Award-nominated writer based in the Philadelphia area who can be contacted at Jsantoliquito@yahoo.com.

http://www.610wip.com/pages/1151837.php

Reaction score
I hope Pats’ coach Bill Belichick doesn’t get Tom Brady killed the remaining half of the season. I don’t envision any linebackers going out of their way to knockout Bellicose Belichick. But I can foresee happening to Brady, which if it did happen would lie squarely on his coach’s head.

It's gonna happen....you heard it here first.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Good article if a little more positive for us then is strictly true. That comment about someone teeing off on Brady because of the running up of the score is dead on. It WILL happen, sooner or later. Then how much of a genius is BB?

zeromaster

Reaction score
dallascowboysfan31;1737899 said:

It's gonna happen....you heard it here first.
We were talking about that in Vegas; if they keep running up the score, the likelihood increases that some team and a player with little to lose may just go for the gusto.

This isn't college where style points and bowl bids are based on the win margin. There's probably some ill will being created by the beanie-weenies, and it might just bear fruit this season.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
I was listening to that clown eskin yesterday and one called said he hoped the eagles would lose, so they would be put out of their misery. Most eagle fans realize the team isn't that good, and are tired of them not playing consistent ball. They've dug to deep of a whole and most fans don't see them digging out of it. Eskin of course predicted an eagles win, but you could hear he wasn't that confident. His only rational was that the eagles would be more desperate.

Desperation sure didn't hepl them two weeks ago when they lost to the bears at home. I say we pound them.