News: With Cowboys Rookie Minicamp Approaching, These Three Rookies Will Stand Out

CCBoy

Reaction score
With Cowboys Rookie Minicamp Approaching, These Three Rookies Will Stand Out

http://profootballtalkline.com/nfl/...hing-these-three-rookies-will-stand-out.html/

Rookie minicamp kicks off on Friday for the Dallas Cowboys, and it will be the first look the coaches, scouts, and front office member’s get a glimpse of the players they added via the 2018 NFL Draft, as well as undrafted free agents, and a handful of tryout guys. For the Cowboys, rookie minicamp is more a rookie orientation for the young players to get used to the day in and day out routines, what they expect from guys in practice, and how things will be run when they get to OTA’s at the end of the month.

There will be some football things done this weekend at The Star, and even though it won’t be hard-hitting football we all love, it’s still nice to see the 2018 Dallas Cowboys football team doing some real-life football things. Most of the practices will be more of a walkthrough and there will be little to no contact between offensive and defensive players. Even with the dumbed down football practices, these young players can still put a lasting impression on the coaches.

Today I will bring you three guys who I think will impress this weekend when minicamp gets underway.

Kameron Kelly – San Diego State – S – UDFA
Kameron Kelly played all over the secondary for the Aztecs. Kelly will most likely fit in best as a safety with some cornerback flexibility in Dallas. The former San Diego State Aztec was known for his cover ability, physicality, and athletic ability. At 6-foot-2, 200lbs, Kelly has ideal size to be efficient when defending both the run game and the passing game. Over his four years (46 games at San Diego State), Kelly finished with an impressive 10 interceptions and 165 tackles. Kelly wins using his physical attributes to bully receivers at the line of scrimmage in press coverage but also has the range and instincts to play off the ball and make plays on both the football and the receiver. An underrated aspect of Kameron’s game is how good of a blitzer he can be out of the slot...

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Love this. Ty for sharing.

Watching White’s delivery reminds me of Roethlisberger’s delivery.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Kam Kelly is a very interesting guy to watch, we always have a UDFA make the team.

I saw some tweets that the team also like Jameil Showers at Safety, he has been on the PS for two years now and clearly has the mental and plysical skills to play the position.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
With Cowboys Rookie Minicamp Approaching, These Three Rookies Will Stand Out

http://profootballtalkline.com/nfl/...hing-these-three-rookies-will-stand-out.html/

Rookie minicamp kicks off on Friday for the Dallas Cowboys, and it will be the first look the coaches, scouts, and front office member’s get a glimpse of the players they added via the 2018 NFL Draft, as well as undrafted free agents, and a handful of tryout guys. For the Cowboys, rookie minicamp is more a rookie orientation for the young players to get used to the day in and day out routines, what they expect from guys in practice, and how things will be run when they get to OTA’s at the end of the month.

There will be some football things done this weekend at The Star, and even though it won’t be hard-hitting football we all love, it’s still nice to see the 2018 Dallas Cowboys football team doing some real-life football things. Most of the practices will be more of a walkthrough and there will be little to no contact between offensive and defensive players. Even with the dumbed down football practices, these young players can still put a lasting impression on the coaches.

Today I will bring you three guys who I think will impress this weekend when minicamp gets underway.

Kameron Kelly played all over the secondary for the Aztecs. Kelly will most likely fit in best as a safety with some cornerback flexibility in Dallas. The former San Diego State Aztec was known for his cover ability, physicality, and athletic ability. At 6-foot-2, 200lbs, Kelly has ideal size to be efficient when defending both the run game and the passing game. Over his four years (46 games at San Diego State), Kelly finished with an impressive 10 interceptions and 165 tackles. Kelly wins using his physical attributes to bully receivers at the line of scrimmage in press coverage but also has the range and instincts to play off the ball and make plays on both the football and the receiver. An underrated aspect of Kameron’s game is how good of a blitzer he can be out of the slot...

My favorite of our UDFAs. He's someone I hope we'd draft, but Jerry did one better with him.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score

My favorite of our UDFAs. He's someone I hope we'd draft, but Jerry did one better with him.

I like him too, heard he had a slow 40 time, but may have had a nagging injury while running it.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
oh yea, i heard 4 teams fired their scouting departments for missing on these guys, 2 teams already circled for losses if any of these players touches the field and Goddell will personally penalize us for having them on the team.

conner01

Reaction score
yea, we ll be dancing in the streets when we keep a couple we shouldnt have.
There will be some kept that fans will question
But it’s not just about keeping best players at any given position
You also have to consider special teams
And if they do change the kick off ruled that’s gonna be a whole different type of player you need
With no wedge and only two blockers back you need guys that can block in the open field but who can cover the field between front 8 and returner because there will be many more on side kick attempts