31st Pick:
Felix Jones
Leodis McKelvin
Limas Sweed

Just had to forget the game and do something to clear my mind.:banghead:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
well thanks to Tennessee making the playoffs, we are guaranteed to be no worse than 20 with the Cleveland pick.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Biggems;1868588 said:
well thanks to Tennessee making the playoffs, we are guaranteed to be no worse than 20 with the Cleveland pick.

How do you figure that? The Browns are the only 10-6 team not to make the playoffs, so they're the first of the 10-6 teams to pick, which puts their pick at #22.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
jimnabby;1868605 said:
How do you figure that? The Browns are the only 10-6 team not to make the playoffs, so they're the first of the 10-6 teams to pick, which puts their pick at #22.

because playoff teams get the 21-32 picks......at least that is my understanding.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Biggems;1868620 said:
because playoff teams get the 21-32 picks......at least that is my understanding.

Your understanding is wrong - record comes first, then whether the team makes the playoffs or not. We're at 22.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
so only the SB teams can be out of order?

the rest of them fall in line based on winning percentage?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
so since the Cowboys tied the Colts for the 2nd best record in the NFL....and we don't know which team picks higher as of yet.....it is safe to say that as of right now, if the Cowboys and Colts both missed the SB, that the best they could pick is 28?

I say this cause if the Pats don't make it either that means that 2 teams with a lower win percentage made the SB and thus would pic 30 and 31. That would leave the Cowboys and Colts and 28 and 29.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Biggems;1868657 said:
so since the Cowboys tied the Colts for the 2nd best record in the NFL....and we don't know which team picks higher as of yet.....it is safe to say that as of right now, if the Cowboys and Colts both missed the SB, that the best they could pick is 28?

I say this cause if the Pats don't make it either that means that 2 teams with a lower win percentage made the SB and thus would pic 30 and 31. That would leave the Cowboys and Colts and 28 and 29.

I believe that to be correct. I also believe Dallas picks before Indy (barring SB appearance), but I'm not sure of that.

The Cowboys pick 31 if they win the SB (against anyone) or lose the SB to the Patriots.

The Cowboys pick 30 if they lose the SB to someone other than the Patriots.

The Cowboys pick 29 if they don't make the SB and NE or Indy does.

The Cowboys pick 28 if none of Indy, NE or Dallas make the Super Bowl.

I've probably got some of this wrong.

Edited because now I think Dallas picks before Indy (but again I'm not certain)

texbumthelife

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1868571 said:
Wish list time: :D

22nd pick:
Mike Jenkins
Antoine Cason
Adarius Bowman

31st Pick:
Felix Jones
Leodis McKelvin
Limas Sweed

Just had to forget the game and do something to clear my mind.:banghead:

My thoughts:

Jenkins/Cason - both are good value at that pick and I am on board 100% with that, though I would rather have Malcomb Jenkins.

Felix Jones - If we go running back in the first round and with this pick, Stewart needs to be the selection. However, as un-popular as it may be, if Jamal Charles comes out, I would rather trade up in the second to hopefully get him. He is the perfect compliment to Barber.

Limas Sweed - I dont care what we pick in the rest of the draft, if we pick Sweed anywhere in the first or early second the draft is a waste and we need an entirely new scouting staff. I would much rather try to package this pick and get Brandon Marshall from Denver.

</pipe dream>