With Quinn gone, what traits will we look for in defenders?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
With Quinn for example, he wanted BIGGER CB's guys of the Nashon Wright body type. Do you think this changes with Zim being here, common sense says he has the type of players that he covets and will have the scouts target these kind of guys.

I think we should stop looking at one particular part of a players body type, and focus on the critical aspects of what makes them a good/disciplined athlete. You can have all the size and speed in the world. Do you have the agility, ball skills, awareness of what's going on around you etc etc........ Please give your thoughts!!

JeffInDC

Reaction score
I think Zim likes similar players, but might actually be looking for guys that have ACTUALLY PROVEN THEMSELVES with their on-the-field results. I think many of these coaches outsmart themselves by falling in love with traits over results.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I think Zim likes similar players, but might actually be looking for guys that have ACTUALLY PROVEN THEMSELVES with their on-the-field results.
If you could say this like a million times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

calicowboy54

Reaction score
With Quinn for example, he wanted BIGGER CB's guys of the Nashon Wright body type. Do you think this changes with Zim being here, common sense says he has the type of players that he covets and will have the scouts target these kind of guys.

I think we should stop looking at one particular part of a players body type, and focus on the critical aspects of what makes them a good/disciplined athlete. You can have all the size and speed in the world. Do you have the agility, ball skills, awareness of what's going on around you etc etc........ Please give your thoughts!!
The draft show talked about this the other day. Zim likes his CBs to be quick twitch smooth feet and able to flip there hips. does not care as much about size as long as they can do those things and mirror a WR and break up the ball. Linebackers have to be fast and strong. and his DL he likes bigger guys in the middle but they MUST Be quick twitch and strong, said the DE are long and can bat down balls.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The draft show talked about this the other day. Zim likes his CBs to be quick twitch smooth feet and able to flip there hips. does not care as much about size as long as they can do those things and mirror a WR and break up the ball. Linebackers have to be fast and strong. and his DL he likes bigger guys in the middle but they MUST Be quick twitch and strong, said the DE are long and can bat down balls.
I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!