With Romo under Center, I'm not a huge fan of too many gadget

Woods

Reaction score
plays in a game. Maybe your occasional reverse to keep the defense not overly aggressive . . . .

But, with B Johnson as the QB, maybe we should take a page out of what Miami did versus the Pats a few weeks ago (in order to try and catch a very aggressive Giants defense)?

Not necessarily direct snaps to Barber (though maybe not that bad an idea), but perhaps a flea flicker or a half back/WR pass . . . . along those lines.

Again, with Romo under center you don't really need to do it, but given our lack of offense the past two games with B Johnson, maybe Red should throw in a few twists now and then?

It's going to be difficult to beat the Giants straight up without Romo and B Johnson running the offense.

Opinions?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing us pull out all the stops in this regard and maybe letting Crayton throw a pass off a WR reverse (Like Pittsburgh used to do with ARE), or just a few little gadgets to try and catch them off guard. Long as the players running those things play those plays with their heads totally in the game so that they don't make any costly mistakes and turn the ball over.

Woods

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2378587 said:
I wouldn't mind seeing us pull out all the stops in this regard and maybe letting Crayton throw a pass off a WR reverse (Like Pittsburgh used to do with ARE), or just a few little gadgets to try and catch them off guard. Long as the players running those things play those plays with their heads totally in the game so that they don't make any costly mistakes and turn the ball over.

Exactly.

It's not like we run many gadget plays in games (at least the past couple of years), so it may actually keep the Giants (somewhat) honest.

I do think we need to mix it up a bit vs. the Giants with BJ under Center.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
If we can establish the run with Barber I wouldn't mind a flee flicker. That might be the only way Johnson can hit a man down field is if he's wide open.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
This is Our Year;2378676 said:
If we can establish the run with Barber I wouldn't mind a flee flicker. That might be the only way Johnson can hit a man down field is if he's wide open.

even then.. we'd have to hope that:

1/he had the wind with him
2/he ate a healthy breakfast
3/he got a good nap in
4/the trainer ben-gay'd him up good
5/the receiver is able to come back 15 yards to catch it.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Woods;2378579 said:
plays in a game. Maybe your occasional reverse to keep the defense not overly aggressive . . . .

But, with B Johnson as the QB, maybe we should take a page out of what Miami did versus the Pats a few weeks ago (in order to try and catch a very aggressive Giants defense)?

Not necessarily direct snaps to Barber (though maybe not that bad an idea), but perhaps a flea flicker or a half back/WR pass . . . . along those lines.

Again, with Romo under center you don't really need to do it, but given our lack of offense the past two games with B Johnson, maybe Red should throw in a few twists now and then?

It's going to be difficult to beat the Giants straight up without Romo and B Johnson running the offense.

Opinions?

Love it, love it love it. If there is one game that we need to pull out all the tricks from the bag, its this one.

A double pass from Crayton would be nice. Flea flickers, Wildcat, double reverse WR toss...anything. We need to pull everything out and steal a win from the Gmen.

I dont think we will see it though. I hope, but I doubt it. Sometimes when you're that entrenched in a game plan, and under the pressure they're under to win, its hard to step back and think outside the box.