WNBAs Caitlin Clark contract details

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

1942willys

Reaction score
I could see her wanting to try. Sad fact is that the WNBA has never made a profit. Its a shame as its a much more pure form of basketball than you will see with the men.

Big_D

Reaction score
85 grand a year. WOW that's terrible as far as a professional athlete and #1 pick in the draft goes. Not saying much for some of the other players in the WNBA who aren't as highly considered.

RoboQB

Reaction score
The WNBA loses money every year. If not for NBA financial help, it would be defunct. So, the money is what it is.
They have a golden opportunity to turn it around with this draft class. Hopefully, they don't let anyone screw it up.
Still, it's a long way to go before the big contracts start to happen.

Shane612

Reaction score
I think her and Reese are going to help the WNBA and popularity.
This year, for the first time in my life I watched women's NCAA basketball semi-final and the final.
I may tune in a couple games to see how Clark performs in the WNBA, but just purely out of curiosity...that is if they televise her games in my area.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This year, for the first time in my life I watched women's NCAA basketball semi-final and the final.
I may tune in a couple games to see how Clark performs in the WNBA, but just purely out of curiosity...that is if they televise her games in my area.
Yeah it’s actually fun but you have to be ok without seeing many dunks lol.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Just don't mention "fair share"

The WNBA has never made a profit....so fair share for the player would be a negative number.
And that is with a $15 million annual gift from the NBA.

Hopefully they are on the upswing.

1942willys

Reaction score
Her shoe deal will do it for her. She is both a great player and a great person; if anyone can get the WNBA over the hump to actually become profitable, it is her.