Woman Jailed For Starting Office Fire To Leave Work Early

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
They say, Florida is what you get when you give Statehood to a trailer park! :laugh2:

LINK

==========================

NEW PORT RICHEY — A woman who was accused of setting a fire at her office to get off work early pleaded guilty to a lesser charge this week.

Pasco sheriff's investigators said Michelle Perrino, 40, started a fire at Bayonet Point Oxygen on May 12, 2009. Perrino drew suspicion when she mentioned the fire's origin — a filing cabinet — during an employee meeting. Employees had not been told where the fire started.

Sheriff's reports also quoted Perrino's friend, who said she told him she also tripped the main breaker for the office building so it would lose power and adjusted the phones so no calls could come in, all so she would be sent home from work early with pay.

Perrino of 8806 Roseanne Blvd. in New Port Richey pleaded guilty Monday to criminal mischief and was sentenced to nine months in jail, followed by five years of probation. She must also pay $4,800 in restitution and have no contact with Bayonet Point Oxygen or its employees.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Joe Realist;3441538 said:
well now she has 9 months with no work.. lol

I'm guessing she wasn't an hourly employee.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
I love how they give out her address to boot. :lmao2:
"Hey, this place will be empty for the next 9 months, help yourself"!

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
We should send her a post card or something..:laugh2: