Woman Test-Driving Car Finds Python Under The Hood

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
POTSDAM, N.Y. -- A northern New York woman taking a used car out for a test drive found a little some extra under the hood.

A big snake.

When Margaret Brusso took a 1999 Honda Accord out for a ride, she noticed the car's hood was ajar. She decided to take a look at the engine. That's when she came eye-to-eye with the snake.

Brusso let out a scream. A neighbor came over with a pail to help out, then decided the snake was too big for him to handle.

A sheriff's deputy with experience handling snakes was dispatched to the scene and corralled the ball python.

The snake had escaped from its tank earlier this summer. It has since been returned to its owner.

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
Not for nothing but I had a pet ball python in addition to a burmese python and the ball only gets to be about five feet total in length - that's nothing. Sounds impressive but they remain fairly thin and unless you have a phobia with snakes, I can't see somebody being scared of a ball python ... or having to call animal control (ok, sheriff) because it was "too big" for them to handle. My kid - at 3 yrs old - was handling them.

The burmese was another story since they can get to over 20 feet in length and mine was about 14' and weighed about 60 pounds - fat thing. Now that I can see scaring the heck out of somebody but not a ball python ... please. :rolleyes:

jamez25

Reaction score
Brusso let out a scream. A neighbor came over with a pail to help out, then decided the snake was too big for him to handle.
lmao,I wish i could have seen that. :D