Woman Turns Husband's Remains Into Diamond

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
http://www.local6.com/news/3693644/detail.html

A Minnesota woman has honored her late husband by turning his cremated remains into a yellow diamond so she could always keep a part of him with her.

Nancy Wodziak wanted to honor her husband Richard in a special way after he died from a brain tumor last October. So, she became the first person in the state to turn a loved one's remains into a diamond.

Wodziak received her brilliant,half-carat yellow diamond after eight months of waiting.

"This certainly seems like a neat idea as far as diamonds are forever," Bradshaw Funeral and Cremation Services spokesman Justin Bradshaw said. "Some people feel it's a neat thing and that they're glad that I told them and other people I think feel that this is not for them."

"I think that's creepy," a woman said in the report.

To create the ring, the cremated remains are heated to extreme temperatures, and then the carbon is subjected to a tremendous amount of pressure. The result is a stone identical to diamonds that develop deep within the earth over millions of years

The nitrogen in the air causes the diamonds to be yellow in color. The company says yellow diamonds also occur naturally but are very rare.

The cost for a quarter carat is about $2,500 and goes up to $13,000 for a full carat. The diamonds can be made into any size.

Life Gem offers the services and some funeral homes assist loved ones in making the arrangements.

The company also makes diamonds from the cremated remains of pets.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
I read an article about parents who done this to their children after a "tragic loss".

It is a bit odd to me... I would feel creepy about wearing something like that...

To each their own I guess...

BadKarma

Reaction score
trickblue said:
It is a bit odd to me... I would feel creepy about wearing something like that...

To each their own I guess...

Next thing we know, people are going to take a piece of their relatives skins and make a hat.

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
Geez. That just sounds a little weird to me. What the hell do I know though...

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
trickblue said:
I ask myself that question daily SoTex... :D

Ya know.........as I typed that I was thinking to myself Mr. JD Trick could have some fun with this. :D

p.s. Damn you.

Reaction score
BadKarma said:
Next thing we know, people are going to take a piece of their relatives skins and make a hat.

Hey, I used to do that w/ this cheerleader I dated in college... except she wasn't really "dead", and it wasn't technically a "hat"!!

:p

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Hey, I used to do that w/ this cheerleader I dated in college... except she wasn't really "dead", and it wasn't technically a "hat"!!

:p

Was she technically made of rubber and inflatable? :D