Wonder if other teams have Mazis and Lances and obsess over their baby steps

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Most teams waive their projects and move on.
Jerald has a way of holding onto marginal players until they just run out of steam.
Any examples out there of other fans obsessing over failed players?
Also, Vaughn, Tolbert can be added to the bunch.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just another trash the Cowboys thread. Show me the stats where most teams waive their projects % compared to the Cowboys. Just throwing stuff out there hoping it will stick. Many will believe you.

sbark

Reaction score
Watching Pats vrs Iggles game

They talked drake maye progressing to a 2nd option just this week...that last week he missed

Hopefully we see Lance make a similar step fwd...

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Watching Pats vrs Iggles game

They talked drake maye progressing to a 2nd option just this week...that last week he missed

Hopefully we see Lance make a similar step fwd...
I watched. Eagles couldn’t get a 7th round pick if they offered to trade Pickett to anyone. What were the Steelers thinking? And what were the Eagles thinking? Maye did show some life.

sbark

Reaction score
I watched. Eagles couldn’t get a 7th round pick if they offered to trade Pickett to anyone. What were the Steelers thinking? And what were the Eagles thinking? Maye did show some life.
Maye has potential

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Tanner McKee has outplayed Pickett all camp. He may end up the backup

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Jerald has a way of holding onto marginal players until they just run out of steam.
Just another trash the Cowboys thread. Show me the stats where most teams waive their projects % compared to the Cowboys. Just throwing stuff out there hoping it will stick. Many will believe you.
Get off Rocky’s lawn, OP!

He’s already got the market cornered on trash Cowboys threads.

shabazz

Reaction score
Random thought but I was watching the Patriots game and they are about to cut Bailey Zappe. Is Lance even close to the level of a Bailey Zappe?

Is the time and resources going to the right players? Players with real potential or is it about Jerry proving his choices are always correct.

Good luck getting a narcissistic and megalomaniac to be introspective

It's like we operate in a vacuum here.

JBS

Reaction score
Thread is absolute nonsense - 0% of the teams in the nfl waive first round picks before week 1 in year 2

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
You can argue that every team in the NFL has had a Lance-type QB on their roster over the last 10 years at least. QB is the most important position on a team and if you don't have a Joe, Tom, Patty, etc, you are throwing darts hoping you hit a bullseye. The same can be said for other positions. With Trey having his contract up after this year we will likely either trade him for what we can, or just let him walk. Name the team, you will find the player.

Bagman

Reaction score
Random thought but I was watching the Patriots game and they are about to cut Bailey Zappe. Is Lance even close to the level of a Bailey Zappe?

Is the time and resources going to the right players? Players with real potential or is it about Jerry proving his choices are always correct.

Good luck getting a narcissistic and megalomaniac to be introspective

It's like we operate in a vacuum here.
It's like I've been saying, Jerry and son would rather fail than admit they screwed up. Jerry traded a 4th Rd pick for Lance. He has to work. There is no plan B. Just keep running him out there no matter how many times they go 3 and out.

Sydla

Reaction score
Mazi Smith is in a different class.

Tolbert, for example, is a middle round pick who they are hoping can seize the 3rd WR spot. He clearly has a ceiling and likely will never be a true #1 and the Cowboys know that and don't need him to be that.

Mazi is different. He's a 1st round pick. The fact the Cowboys literally did nothing in FA at DT tells you they expected and need him to be a player at DT.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not really. In a few cases yes. In a few cases they were traded.

Dallas did waive Taco after 2 years. How is that hanging on?
Now, they do like to keep most if not all of their draft picks at least the 1st year or 2. As most teams do. And do tend to hang on a bit longer than some fans feel they should.
Then again, that is why 99.5% fans are posting and not coaching.